Harry Kane

The problem with any short term signings is primarily the fact it'd take them a long time to settle in like with most other players that sign for us.

Say we had signed Ings when he was available as a 1 year placeholder. He'd take a few months at least to bed in. Problem is, he's not good enough for us to shoehorn him in like we would with Kane or Haaland. Which would only serve to drag out this process. On top of that, there'd be a lot of games where he really struggles (being on the bench won't help), and I'm not sure people here would be happy to see it.

Then at the end of it all, once they're ready, we replace them with the better option. But then if they're going to be stuck on the bench what makes them a better option than Jesus?

We don't do stop gaps for a reason.
However our approach in offering long contracts to younger expensive signings means you are well and truly stuck with the mistakes. And we have a few at the moment.

The 1 Mahrez missed, the 1 Dinho missed, that's 3 in the first 10 minutes or so.
So your saying a 20 goal a season striker would have scored a hatrick in 10mins yesterday.......that would (based on the type of chances you think he would score) actually make him a 150 goal a season striker! .......or prove that way of thinking is a complete load of bollocks...... i'll go for the latter ;)

He doesn't necessarily have to score the goals yesterday but a proper striker occupies a defender with his presence and stretches a game differently.

We may not have won with him but it's a different approach when you have a focal point and a threat. Our creative options wouldn't look so blunt if we did.
Agree with this - Torres is good central but does not occupy centre half's as we are not quick enough at seeing his running beyond which if we did would create more space nearer goal for KDB Grealish etc even if the pass was not made - too predictable with teams who do not wish to engage higher up the pitch

I personally think that if the figures being bandied about Kane are correct, then I suggest we pull out. I know he's not an out an out striker but Felix plus, say £30m for Bernardo (if he wants to go) and Rodri. Sign Bissouma and Tierney...a bit fantasy football, I know, but not convinced Kane is worth the money being talked about. Need to offload Mendy too, he really is a liability.

All this in 2 weeks?

For

Fucks

Sake.

However our approach in offering long contracts to younger expensive signings means you are well and truly stuck with the mistakes. And we have a few at the moment.
That’s FFP amortization for ya!

£60M, 5 yrs, £12M/yr in FFP terms!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.