Harry Kane

Ok, ok, ok. Just got in from work and from this thread I see the deal is 100% off.

So, just hear me out. What about Martial from the Rags. We'd get him for around £50m to £60m. He's a world class finisher and has pace to burn. He's used to playing with the very best. He's a proven winner in a team that wins trophies for fun.

Worth a punt??
He's dogshit and hasn't proven to win trophies for fun at all.

I find all this Spin fascinating as a Spurs Fan I would accept Kane leaving for the right price, he deserves to be winning stuff. I would imagine that price will be £140ish min.

I find some of the arguments fascinating City paid £100m for Grealish 96 PL appearences 15 goals and 16 assists, 10 England caps no goals who will be 26 in a few weeks. But a guy who is basically 2 years older only just 28, 7th all time scorer in PL, England captain and 6th all time England scorer is valued the same or a few million more as bonkers.

If I was a betting man I can also see Kane still playing in the PL into his mid thirties I cannot see the same for Grealish..

Anyways lets see where this lands, Kane has been poorly advised and the way he has gone about this has destroyed his legacy. Spurs don't need to sell and are in a strong position If he ends up at spurs for another season I have no doubt he would still be banging in goals as he chases Shearers record.
You know we can read your earlier posts from 2010?

I find all this Spin fascinating as a Spurs Fan I would accept Kane leaving for the right price, he deserves to be winning stuff. I would imagine that price will be £140ish min.

I find some of the arguments fascinating City paid £100m for Grealish 96 PL appearences 15 goals and 16 assists, 10 England caps no goals who will be 26 in a few weeks. But a guy who is basically 2 years older only just 28, 7th all time scorer in PL, England captain and 6th all time England scorer is valued the same or a few million more as bonkers.

If I was a betting man I can also see Kane still playing in the PL into his mid thirties I cannot see the same for Grealish..

Anyways lets see where this lands, Kane has been poorly advised and the way he has gone about this has destroyed his legacy. Spurs don't need to sell and are in a strong position If he ends up at spurs for another season I have no doubt he would still be banging in goals as he chases Shearers record.
It's rare sides spend big on players who are 28 plus. RVP was an exception.

I haven't checked but if you were to go back through and list the british record transfers I have the strong expectation that they would be < 28 years old.

Kane has been poorly advised and the way he has gone about this has destroyed his legacy. Spurs don't need to sell and are in a strong position If he ends up at spurs for another season I have no doubt he would still be banging in goals as he chases Shearers record.

In your opinion, Kane has been poorly advised. If Kane is attempting to switch clubs in what may be his final chance to do so, then he is being very well advised and acting exactly as he ought to.

You're correct in that Spurs don't need to sell him... But at this point it is far better for them if they do.

Wasn’t it said previously that it would cost Kane roughly £40m and no 3rd party ie city can pay or partly pay it
Even if that is the case what’s to stop him buying himself out and signing for us on a 5 year contract at £430k a week. Thats about £130k week more than we would probably normally pay him but coincedentally adds up to an additional £40m over the term of his contract. Bale makes £600k a week so who’s to say £430k isn’t reasonable ?

Spurs murdered us in the first 30 mins, a combination of great goalkeeping and poor finishing meant it remained goaless.

Second half was alot better however despite dominating possesion I can only think of one time Gomes was forced to make a save, compare that to their chances and they still had the better of the half (we got lucky with Bales fluff)..

Tevez was our livliest player however he was left far too isolated, I would ave liked Mancini to have sacrificed a DM for Adebayor rather han like for like.

Overall a point was a great result however if we play with that in future games we will loose.
Like Quote Reply

The above, was that when you supported city?
What's the story balamory?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.