Harry Kane

The Athletic reporters seem to think he won’t be moving based on the video someone posted earlier. Meanwhile all our resident ITK’s seem very confident it will happen and the bookies still have it as odds on to join us…Fascinating to see how this develops in the coming days.

That is really interesting. I just read up on this Ruling (I hadn’t heard of it before) and if I understand it correctly a player aged 28 or more is entitled to terminate his contract without cause two years after he signed contract whereupon he will be obliged to pay compensation to the other party.

The compensation amount appears to be the value left on his contract (his future earnings) plus legal costs.

I have no idea how much Kane earns or how long is left on his contract but if we assume £150k a week and he has two years left that’s £15.6m. So in theory Kane can buy himself out for less than £20m. What’s to stop him doing that and us paying him a £20m signing bonus ?

It can’t be that easy can it ?

Stefan Borsan - sure most on here knows who he is, forgot his username here - brought that up on the 9320 podcast a week or so ago and said it’s essentially nonsense and to forget it.

So that tool Kaveh's narrative on Sky now is that people are thinking that Chelsea have spent huge amounts this season but what they aren't taking into account is that they have made large amounts of money through academy and 1st team player sales and have completed some very cute business. You really couldn't make it up.
Him and his mate the “transfer experts” are a pair of wank blankets. If any other club than City had raised funds in the way we have they’d be lauded as geniuses. I honestly wouldn’t waste my time listening to dumb and dumber

That is really interesting. I just read up on this Ruling (I hadn’t heard of it before) and if I understand it correctly a player aged 28 or more is entitled to terminate his contract without cause two years after he signed contract whereupon he will be obliged to pay compensation to the other party.

The compensation amount appears to be the value left on his contract (his future earnings) plus legal costs.

I have no idea how much Kane earns or how long is left on his contract but if we assume £150k a week and he has two years left that’s £15.6m. So in theory Kane can buy himself out for less than £20m. What’s to stop him doing that and us paying him a £20m signing bonus ?

It can’t be that easy can it ?
Totally correct pal. And yet nobody has enforced this yet

Stefan Borsan - sure most on here knows who he is, forgot his username here - brought that up on the 9320 podcast a week or so ago and said it’s essentially nonsense and to forget it.

Yep said it would take months to force through and I have also read the player would have to have been demoted from the first team squad in order to activate the ruling. No idea if true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.