Harry Kane

Everyone on this thread talking about press briefings but there's so many pages i cannot find any links to any actual articles. What's been briefed and to who? Can anyone help please?

Can't believe we're haggling over such massive transfer fees for Kane when Ings, Andre Silva, Martinez, Calvert-Lewin and Bamford either are available, or were available, this summer for significantly cheaper. We need someone who can stand in the right place and slam the ball in the net when one of our trillion attacking midfielders puts it on a place for them. We don't need to spend £130m to rectify that issue.

Because Kane is 10 times better than all those players mate

I'll be impressed if he actually does. I read a quote in the telegraph saying:

But, by that logic, if the damage has already been done, why not just hand in a transfer request. 'It's clear what his position is' anyway?
Easy.

One’s a matter of definitive public and contractual record. One isn’t.

One loses “loyalty” bonuses (haha) for wanting out. The other doesn’t.

Some say he’s poorly advised but he’s actually playing a considered game in terms of how many bridges to burn.

Can't believe we're haggling over such massive transfer fees for Kane when Ings, Andre Silva, Martinez, Calvert-Lewin and Bamford either are available, or were available, this summer for significantly cheaper. We need someone who can stand in the right place and slam the ball in the net when one of our trillion attacking midfielders puts it on a place for them. We don't need to spend £130m to rectify that issue.
Yeah, let’s not replace a world class player with another one because anyone can score 30 odd goals a season at the highest level. It’s a policy that worked out great for utd too when Ferdinand,Vidic, Rooney etc etc left.

where does blame come into this? surely you can’t think kane and his people have dealt with this in the best way they could? it’s been a shit show from him and his team from the beginning. they are out of their depth and it’s been shown
I reiterate, the responsibility lies with the two clubs. The player has intimated his desire to improve his career by leaving for a challenging club. If he were managed by an agency, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion, but because he is represented by his brother, Spurs fans think their case is helped by posting pictures of him online and then decrying him for how amateurish and incompetent he looks. Given that Kane chose his brother to represent him, that behaviour can only serve to alienate his whole family, so it would seem counterproductive if you wanted him to stay and be happy.

If you are so sure the deal is happening, why do you think Kane's camp are breifing the press and throwing their toys out the pram? It's because a deal isn't happening.

City need to offer the asking price, and then the negotiations can start. Kane still might go, but are City going to offer us 160 million? because that is what it will take.

At the moment you are nowhere near. I have no idea if you will pay it, but you have the money surely, so if anyone can do it City can. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

With respect, you’ve got no more idea what ‘it will take’ than I have. You’re not Levy’s wingman in these negotiations, any more than I am Khladoon’s. We’re fans posting on a forum, going off what we both believe to be the truth on this negotiation.

And for clarity - paying the asking price isn’t where negotiations start. Ever. That’s not negotiation, that’s just paying the full list price. Do that, and there’s really no need for any negotiation. But you know that already.

So - to your question. Why am I sure the deal is happening? Because I’m going off the example of Levy’s previous in exactly the same situation in the past, as per my post. He sells his best players every time, right at the end of the window. This is a fact, not an opinion.

My opinion is he does this as it gives him an instant get out for having to reinvest the fee in full, whilst giving it out that he’s some kind of tough guy negotiator - which Spurs fans lap up every time, even though he’s done everything in his power to weaken his team as much as possible yet again.

Why are Kane’s people briefing? We don’t know that they are. Neither you nor I have any idea who’s behind that briefing. You take it at face value and believe it’s Kane’s people - fair enough. I believe it’s part of the public theatre behind deals like this, and serves the developing narrative behind Kane leaning Spurs for City.

Everyone on this thread talking about press briefings but there's so many pages i cannot find any links to any actual articles. What's been briefed and to who? Can anyone help please?
I’ve been keeping in reasonable touch with the thread and don’t recall seeing anything you’d call reliable from either side. As usual, it seems to be gossip, opinion and conjecture.

Easy.

One’s a matter of definitive public and contractual record. One isn’t.

One loses “loyalty” bonuses (haha) for wanting out. The other doesn’t.

Some say he’s poorly advised but he’s actually playing a considered game in terms of how many bridges to burn.
But if you are hell bent on leaving, mainly for success rather than fortune then why anybody puts loyalty bonuses before the move I don’t know. Not saying he has, in general it’s the go to reply when people say why don’t they put a transfer request in.

do you seriously think any of those players are at the level required to be the best team in Europe if not the world

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.