Harry Kane

Not that i know anything but I'm 80% sure its done in the next week.

We have too much riding on Peps last 2 seasons to miss out on a top striker and the difference seems like 20 or 30 million which just isn't all that in the grand scheme of things.

Also Levy is a seller, its what he always does in this situation.
I’m convinced he will sell, but even more convinced that we will do a deal on our terms only

So it’s been..
“City value Kane at £100m”
“£120m is our maximum”
“City will go to £130m”
“£130m plus addons to take it to £150m”
And finally “£150m to start negotiating”
The whole thing is ridiculous.
We pay that and we’re stupid, not only do I not think he’s worth that, I don’t personally want him even at £100m, but the impact that would have on future negotiations would be huge.
Up till now we’ve always walked away from players we deem not to be fair value, we pay the extortionate asking price and some future deals become much more harder cos the clubs with hang tight expecting us to pay up.
I’d rather go into the season with Jesus, Torres and Delap.
We might not win fuck all, but for me that’s the better option long term, more stable for the club’s future.
There’s no guarantees we sign Kane and win everything anyway.
Sure a new striker improves our chances, but at what cost?
I would think the reasons club would pay is
  1. we have no chance of landing mbappe or haaland in city.
  2. Kane is the only "supposedly" world class striker after mbappe/haaland available in market.

Why is everyone always talking about the transfer fee. For me it’s about getting the player the manager wants and sees fit.

The transfer fee will either be a big financial disaster, or a bargain, and anything in between.
It all depends on how the player performs for us. If the club pays 150mill and Kane will be topscorer for the next 3 seasons and scores really important goals in the CL, 150mill it’s a bargain. If he doesn’t score for 2-4/5 months and gets injured forcing him to retire, it’s a financial disaster. So you simply can not tell up until the player either moves away or ends his career. Money talk is just simply talk for journos and jealous opposite fans.
In this case, fully agree. In the case of Steve Daley, eh…

If we’re spared the sight of Guardiola collapsing to his knees as chance after chance goes by, and he no longer spends ten minutes per game chuntering to his hombres on the bench about our profligacy, I’ll be happy to pay more!
But will the arrival of Kane mean that Pep stops putting square pegs in round holes?? Let’s hope so (I’m not convinced)

this is the trouble,its ok paying over the odds on one single deal but its saying to other clubs 'sit it out and you will get your price'
could it be an undisclosed fee? as you see in other transfers,that would leave the media guessing anything from 100m-170m
I never quite understand this “undisclosed fee” surely when you submit your accounts everyone sees what you’ve paid?

I would think the only reason club would pay that is because they think
  1. we have no chance of landing mbappe or haaland in city.
  2. Kane is the only "supposedly" world class striker after mbappe/haaland available in market.
Kane is better than both of them. The amount of work he does to bring other players into play, and with his combined goal rate is ridiculous.

With Kane you’re buying at number 9 & 10

Ibra is different level,as is Lew,they are both 100% on it in terms of nutrition,fitness and lifestyle - Haaland studies and emulates the latter as he sees no greater role model in the game.
I'm sure Kane is doing everything himself to prolong his career as he is a brilliant pro,i just feel he is doing so from much further back.Also,and hugely contributing.....neither is he as genetically blessed,as their respective physiques evidence.
And the biggest part to that being genetics, but we may as well talk to a brick wall sometimes mate.

£2.5m per goal I think this will equate to at 150m deal,60 goals over 3 seasons should be being fired in !

£2.5m a goal fuck me let that sink in
Well we pay 350 million a year in wages, so if we score 100 goals, we're already paying 3.5 million per goal, before we consider any transfer fees we paid for the players. Turns out scoring goals in an expensive business.

Why is everyone always talking about the transfer fee. For me it’s about getting the player the manager wants and sees fit.

The transfer fee will either be a big financial disaster, or a bargain, and anything in between.
It all depends on how the player performs for us. If the club pays 150mill and Kane will be topscorer for the next 3 seasons and scores really important goals in the CL, 150mill it’s a bargain. If he doesn’t score for 2-4/5 months and gets injured forcing him to retire, it’s a financial disaster. So you simply can not tell up until the player either moves away or ends his career. Money talk is just simply talk for journos and jealous opposite fans.
Don’t think the media will see it that way, there just waiting for this to happen so that they can spout all their shit...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.