Harry Kane

The info about the meeting rings true to me. But I doubt it was primarily about the number 10 shirt.

Wouldn't surprise me if the meeting was really about City asking Kane to put in a transfer request and forego any loyalty payment, to reduce Levy's demands.

Kane's people would want compensating for this, and the bollocks about shirt numbers sounds like something you would bring up when negotiating, or re-negotiating, the terms of the contract.

Just a theory.

If kane deal doesn't happen it's not the end of world. But this would be my only regret.

That’s exactly my position on this.

I don’t want the player at City - never have. I voted No in the poll on this thread months ago, and nothing has changed my opinion in that time. I think he’s the wrong player, with the wrong profile, at entirely the wrong price.

That said - I’m not the manager, I don’t get to oversee Training every day, and I don’t have to pick the team.

We have 2 years left with Pep, and he’s more than earned the right to dictate what he wants for our team - and if he’s convinced Kane is the missing piece of the jigsaw, we should absolutely make sure he gets him.

So for that reason - I hope Pep gets his wish. And I’d be frustrated we’re not giving him the tools he needs to take the team forward during his last couple of years with us.

Not flapping or panicking, honest but....

Our Chairman said in his end of season video we were going to be going big this summer and I am afraid that signing Grealish (albeit a transfer record etc.) alone is not going big IMO.

Let's not kid ourselves, if we don't sign a striker (any striker) between now and the transfer window closing, we won't win the league or Champions leave, it is that simple.

As for Kane and this shirt business, I cannot believe for one minute we promised him any number and gave it to someone else, otherwise you have to wonder what is going on with our negotiations. IF that happened I would understand why Kane would be pissed off to be fair.

The only reason I am not in full flapping mode is that I trust those running the club to do what is needed and what has been said etc. and that is what keeps the faith that someone is coming in.

As for Kane and this shirt business, I cannot believe for one minute we promised him any number and gave it to someone else, otherwise you have to wonder what is going on with our negotiations. IF that happened I would understand why Kane would be pissed off to be fair.
Yep. Grealish was genuinely surprised to get that number and from his interview clearly didn't expect it and would have taken any other number he was given

So there's no chance the club would have given it if they'd promised it to Kane and knew it would be an important factor in the deal

Its all complete nonsense

That’s exactly my position on this.

I don’t want the player at City - never have. I voted No in the poll on this thread months ago, and nothing has changed my opinion in that time. I think he’s the wrong player, with the wrong profile, at entirely the wrong price.

That said - I’m not the manager, I don’t get to oversee Training every day, and I don’t have to pick the team.

We have 2 years left with Pep, and he’s more than earned the right to dictate what he wants for our team - and if he’s convinced Kane is the missing piece of the jigsaw, we should absolutely make sure he gets him.

So for that reason - I hope Pep gets his wish. And I’d be frustrated we’re not giving him the tools he needs to take the team forward during his last couple of years with us.
This is why I think we must either still be confident that we can get Kane, or we have something else lined up. It seems unfathomable that we’d let Guardiola go into one of the last two years on his contract and expect him to compete again without a recognised centre forward.

Not flapping or panicking, honest but....

Our Chairman said in his end of season video we were going to be going big this summer and I am afraid that signing Grealish (albeit a transfer record etc.) alone is not going big IMO.

Let's not kid ourselves, if we don't sign a striker (any striker) between now and the transfer window closing, we won't win the league or Champions leave, it is that simple.

The only reason I am not in full flapping mode is that I trust those running the club to do what is needed and what has been said etc. and that is what keeps the faith that someone is coming in.
Khaldoon didn't say we are going to be going big.

This is why I think we must either still be confident that we can get Kane, or we have something else lined up. It seems unfathomable that we’d let Guardiola go into one of the last two years on his contract and expect him to compete again without a recognised centre forward.

Agreed - I’d actually rather we overpaid to get Pep the player he needs than send him into his penultimate year with such a clear, obvious deficiency in the squad.

He worked miracles with no striker last season - but we can’t expect him to do the same again. And I don’t think our Exec’s would expect him to either.

A manager with Pep’s talent deserves better than that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.