Harry Kane

Not flapping or panicking, honest but....

Our Chairman said in his end of season video we were going to be going big this summer and I am afraid that signing Grealish (albeit a transfer record etc.) alone is not going big IMO.

Let's not kid ourselves, if we don't sign a striker (any striker) between now and the transfer window closing, we won't win the league or Champions leave, it is that simple.

As for Kane and this shirt business, I cannot believe for one minute we promised him any number and gave it to someone else, otherwise you have to wonder what is going on with our negotiations. IF that happened I would understand why Kane would be pissed off to be fair.

The only reason I am not in full flapping mode is that I trust those running the club to do what is needed and what has been said etc. and that is what keeps the faith that someone is coming in.
The signing of Grealish for 100m is a major show of power, but for me the signing of a striker was far more vital and indeed a necessity.

Missing out on Kane if he is our only striker target is a huge problem.

I personally don’t believe the shirt number stuff or the meeting in a hotel.
I believe coz logically is makes sense but as long as his is not kicking a fuss , don’t think it’s that of a big deal and something his team can patch up if there is any dent on his image .

This is why I think we must either still be confident that we can get Kane, or we have something else lined up. It seems unfathomable that we’d let Guardiola go into one of the last two years on his contract and expect him to compete again without a recognised centre forward.
1629474438088.png
please, pretty please

This is a an actual issue by the way, Spurs fans have long joked about the fact he's not marketed well, and have put it down to the incompetence of his management. He appears in far fewer ad campaigns than the likes of Sterling and Henderson. Nike don't use him to front anything, he has very few endorsements.

That's something City would obviously like to correct, but being England captain doesn't mean much if you don't use it.

I mean it doesn't take a marketing genius to see why Kane isn't as marketable as someone like Grealish. Kane has the face of a melted waxwork model.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.