Harry Kane

Good question and difficult to answer unfortunately. I'm not undermining the achievements of our club, I'm simply pointing out that our strategy for replacing key figures has not been great. How long did we all discuss getting a replacement in for Vinny, even when he was still here and playing, for us to let him leave and then try and pick someone that suited us in Dias? We were rather fortunate that Phil was as effective as he was or else we would have been left in the cold when Silva left. We got told nearly 6 months ago that Aguero was leaving, yet here we are 10 days away from the window shutting and it not even looking close. I expect Fern to leave in the summer, who do we have that's a quick out and out DM?

I understand it looks like I hate our transfer dealings but I can assure you I really don't, we always get good players - what is fairly evident is that we are poor when it comes to replacing our key players and doing so in plenty of time. We've gone from having 4 strikers in Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli to having 1 striker who actually looks better when he's not playing as a striker - that might not be problematic in your eyes but I genuinely think its poor planning.

You keep contradicting yourself. Says it all

Update: (my words these, so I’m paraphrasing….. remember this!)

City went back to Kane late Friday night with a revised proposal, based on a potential loss of longer term earnings from image rights (the whole not being number 10 thing). We will know tomorrow if he’s happy, but there will be no counter offer.

We haven’t tried to speak to Spurs directly for a week now, because of the unrest in the Kane camp.

If Kane is happy with the new proposal, we will speak to Spurs. If he’s not, we will pull the plug.

Its D-Day (metaphorically speaking).

If his image rights from being number 10 are a problem. Honestly, fuck the guy. So much for being motivated by achievement.

The players at City have all prioritised trophies. That's worked well.

Again it’s about getting the best commercial deal possible, it’s a negotiation lever they are pulling!

The only lever he should be pulling is putting in a transfer request. Mahrez, Rodri, KDB, Raz didn't pull this shit. If he wants to waste the rest of his career finishing 8th with Spurs ... enjoy.

Waspish, I understand what you're saying and if you have a look at my history - I'm as optimistic and positive about our club win or lose. However, there's no getting in the way that we shouldn't be chasing after a single target and complaining that we're not getting him 6 months after we knew our greatest striker was off - we'll never know what's gone on and I really do hope we get Kane but what's our Plan B if it doesn't go ahead?
Exactly. You DONT KNOW what’s been going on

personally i don’t think kane gives a rats ass about his shirt number. it will be purely his team trying to squeeze as much money as they possibly can for him/them out of this deal.

Maybe but who is in charge here seems Kane could tell them to forget it but if all this is true he is just letting them get on with it! Players hey can’t control there own destiny!

I get that he's pissed off but surely if this was a deal breaker we should've known about it before now? Jack's had the number for almost 3 weeks!

Bang on. If Kane was at all fussed about the shirt number he would have mentioned it at some point in the months and months between us approaching him and Grealish's number being decided.

Do you ever post in the post match thread when we win?
Just a quick look at your posts and it's all the one's when we got beat.
Isn't that a coincidence!!
Not undermining the achievements of the club?

Yeah whatever mate.

Well said. Ridiculous posts dressed up as a concerned “supporter”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.