Harry Kane

Whether we get Kane or not (I think we ultimately will), I dont really understand Levy's long term strategy here.

Trying to be totally unbiased here, I get that they don't want to sell Kane in the same way no club wants to sell their best players. I get he means a lot to the club, truly I do. It sucks. It hasn't been so long that I don't remember those says.

But take a step back, and Spurs are not title contenders. Just not even close. Their best shot was 2016-17, and they blew it, and they've gotten worse every year since. That was 5 years ago. They have not improved, quite the opposite. Honestly anything above a 5th or 6th place finish this year would be a minor miracle. They are out of the CL and for now its difficult to envision a path back in.

Kane is a depreciating asset. He will never be worth more than he is this summer. And he wants out. So if you're Levy, you're not the bad guy. Your hand was forced. You postured as long as you could. There's nothing more you can do.

With a Kane sale early + their normal budget, Spurs could have spread that money and brought in several quality players. They could have identified several targets and rebuilt around what they had, and improved the team long term even if it may take a season or two after losing Kane.

Now they might keep Kane (maybe? i guess?) and seem like big, tough negotiators but will be worse off in the long run imo. Just shortsighted thinking, which is how they got saddled with the Mourinho fiasco last year.

I remember when people had a fit because we'd bid €40m for a 17 year old at Monaco and it was rejected.

A year later he moved for €165m.

When strikers are at that age they go from zero to world class in about 18 months. Haaland goes from nobody to €150m's a bargain in the same time frame. Kane went from couldn't get in a championship side to England's number 9 and Spurs won't sell for any price between 21 and 22.

I don't know much about Vlahovic, it's not my job to know how good he is. But I don't give a shit about his age, or his lack of experience, or his price. These aren't valid arguments if the people in charge think he's good enough.

Of course his age, experience and price are relevant arguments to make on a transfer forum. Isn't that the purpose of the forum for fans to discuss potential transfers?

I feel that some of you here believe Kane is the one and only option. City have relied on Sergio for years. We had Dzeko, Balotelli,Negredo,Tevez, Sergio at much the same time and were we more successful than now,no. We have a different style of play under Pep.We have invested in defence,wingers and midfield of late. Is Harry the heir apparent, maybe, but do not assume he is the only answer to the CF question.
I suggest you look at Chelsea as an example of how hard it is to find a CF that fits. Shevchenko,Torres, young Lukaku,Costa,Morata, and Werner,serious sums of money for world class talent. Costa was the best,the rest did not deliver. Not an easy process for sure.
I am sure people will ask "well who is the answer to the CF question" ? Many on here have given great alternatives from Delap through to Ronaldo.Just dont assume paying 120-150 million for Harry is a cert. It isnt.

I feel that some of you here believe Kane is the one and only option. City have relied on Sergio for years. We had Dzeko, Balotelli,Negredo,Tevez, Sergio at much the same time and were we more successful than now,no. We have a different style of play under Pep.We have invested in defence,wingers and midfield of late. Is Harry the heir apparent, maybe, but do not assume he is the only answer to the CF question.
I suggest you look at Chelsea as an example of how hard it is to find a CF that fits. Shevchenko,Torres, young Lukaku,Costa,Morata, and Werner,serious sums of money for world class talent. Costa was the best,the rest did not deliver. Not an easy process for sure.
I am sure people will ask "well who is the answer to the CF question" ? Many on here have given great alternatives from Delap through to Ronaldo.Just dont assume paying 120-150 million for Harry is a cert. It isnt.

Exactly look at Torres when he moved to Chelsea and went off a cliff, would anyone of predicted that at the time. No.

Kane could come and not score as often as he does for spurs nothing is guaranteed in football.

Lukaku no is different to when Chelsea last had him.

It's going to be an interesting end to the window and we are firmly after Kane for sure but if he doesn't come he doesn't come.

Thinking back what a coup Mbappe would of been all them years ago.

The club is bigger than Guardiola and will still be around after him.

spot on matey

i do feel the club are now in panic mode with pep contract up in 2 years. i feel we are trying to buy the champions league before he leaves and its now everything into one basket and it's shit or bust

the club are so hell bent on winning the champions league it could be the death of them and us
if the board or owners ask the manchester city fans how do you feel about the champions league i bet its more in the camp of we don't care as long we are winning premier league titles and cups the (bread and butter)

yes i get the whole point of champions league and what it brings in money wise and the respect you earn by winning it
but for me no matter how much silverware we will win ? we never get the credit the club deserves because the media are hell bent on rubbishing our name with the money and empty etihad and no fans

Exactly look at Torres when he moved to Chelsea and went off a cliff, would anyone of predicted that at the time. No.

Kane could come and not score as often as he does for spurs nothing is guaranteed in football.

Lukaku no is different to when Chelsea last had him.

It's going to be an interesting end to the window and we are firmly after Kane for sure but if he doesn't come he doesn't come

Thinking back what a coup Mbappe would of been all them years ago.
Torres had already started to struggle at LFC. Knee injuries. It was a stupid signing by CFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.