Harry Kane

My thoughts on this now: Spurs will keep delaying negotiations and rejecting offers until it’s too late, and then Kane will have to stay and get on with it.

That’s unless we put an offer in which is so high that they can’t reject it (even with the above intentions). So we’re either overpaying or we’re not getting him.

I would love us to sign him and whatever the club pay is up to them. But it’s a tiring slog all of this, and I’m not convinced the club would decide to blow spurs out of the water with a £150m+ offer

Think I am getting to old to follow football !
I cant get my head around that City might pay 150million for a 29yr old player.
If the player was early 20's and City get 6+ years out of him, I sort of get it.
But a 29 yr old no sell on, 150million for what 3 years ?
Doesnt sit right with me but it's not my money just seems a ridiculous amount of money to me. Bloody hell i can still remember the first million pound player and everyone thought football had gone mad back than !
How do you know We cant get 6 years out of Kane? Look at Zlatan, Ronaldo, Messi, Fernandinho. This is not the 80s

I still think we'll stump up and he'll be signed either on the day before or on deadline day itself. He won't be unveiled until after the World Cup qualifiers though as England play in Hungary on Thursday 2 September so Southgate will want the squad assembled from Monday 30th and presumably they will fly out on 31st or the 1st. I think Kane will be unveiled and presented on 7th or 8th September after the Andorra game.

My thoughts on this now: Spurs will keep delaying negotiations and rejecting offers until it’s too late, and then Kane will have to stay and get on with it.

That’s unless we put an offer in which is so high that they can’t reject it (even with the above intentions). So we’re either overpaying or we’re not getting him.

I would love us to sign him and whatever the club pay is up to them. But it’s a tiring slog all of this, and I’m not convinced the club would decide to blow spurs out of the water with a £150m+ offer
Or Levy is doing his normal trick and delaying it until the last seconds.. “Sorry fans, they offered us more money than we could refuse and Harry had his head turned by wages we couldn’t match. It sadly means that as the bid was so late that it left us no time to being in a replacement” the money then goes to pay a chunk off their stadium overspend. He’s not the shroud negotiator people give him accolade for but he’s not daft either. His entire job is to generate money for the club without spending it.

We should've gone all out for Haaland this summer. A much better investment for similar money as Kane and he's a blue too. Pep would've had time to make him an even better player and that's a frightening thought. At present we'll end up with no one and the promise from Khaldoon that we were replacing Sergio this summer with a worthy replacement hasn't been fulfilled by him. It's always a saga with City for the sake of a few million here and there. And now Pep's probably preparing his false nine system again and although we've managed to be top scorers in the league more often than not in the last few years it's not an ideal situation having to think "who can I pick this week to play up top?" It's all very experimental and unsettling for the team and the false number nine who's playing out of position. Ironically we had a centre forward in Jesus and we're now playing him as a winger. 'Typical City'

I still think we'll stump up and he'll be signed either on the day before or on deadline day itself. He won't be unveiled until after the World Cup qualifiers though as England play in Hungary on Thursday 2 September so Southgate will want the squad assembled from Monday 30th and presumably they will fly out on 31st or the 1st. I think Kane will be unveiled and presented on 7th or 8th September after the Andorra game.
And get injured. ....typical city ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.