Harry Kane

I suspect a lot of people who voted No (myself included) would change their answer to a Yes if some concrete rumours gathered pace and it became clear that he was our target rather than Haaland.

He’s a top player and most of us would be buzzing if we signed him.
I voted no and will still vote no even he came out and said he wants to sign for City.
Honestly I feel underwhelmed by this signing.

Check out the Messi thread. Arry’s got another 10 years in him.
Has he though ? He was never rapid but he’s clearly lost a yard yet he’s so good he can get away with it. There comes a point however where if your legs can’t get you there it doesn’t matter how good you are and I think that point may come sooner to Harry than to others

I voted no and will still vote no even he came out and said he wants to sign for City.
Honestly I feel underwhelmed by this signing.
But we should feel ashamed and guilty if this godly and extraordinary goalscorer like the world has never seen wants to join us and we don’t feel like running to the airport to welcome him, didn’t you get the memo?

Wouldn't that argument stand for not buying Messi or Haaland as well?
No because in those cases you make money on commercial returns as has been debated to death in those players’ individual threads

Re Haaland I think the poster who alluded to the fact that city would be put off by the fact that Riola , Alf inge haaland and erling were doing a European tour a couple of months ago meeting all the big clubs , seeing who could offer what may have put city off sounds plausible tbh .

That’s not the way city do business, we don’t enter bidding wars for players, rightly or wrongly we’ve walked away from a number of deals previously for this reason , Sanchez , van dijk , Fred , Jorginho, maguire .
And probably many more , we have a valuation of a player and it seems we want the player to be fully committed to us too .
I can totally see the club looking elsewhere if riola and haaland are shopping themselves about .

They may feel Kane is more attainable and less hassle and maybe talks behind the scenes have confirmed he’s committed to joining us , all hypothetical of course but this could explain the club going for Kane rather then Haaland.

That’s why reports for Kane are heating up and it seems to have gone quiet on Haaland front .
whatever the club choose to do I’d be happy .
Our recruitment for the most part has been amazing I fully trust pep tiki etc if they say Kane’s the man then he’s the man :) .
I agree with the point on Haaland. It's hard to imagine the club strung along by the likes of Riola. But I doubt we'd go hard for Kanel. United will probably be desperate to sign him and we'll be tapping out as soon as we start bidding against them as usual. It'd be fun to drive the price up but I don't want to line up Tottenham's pockets either.

I think we'd go for someone like Patson Daka or someone else not under the radar.

Wouldn't that argument stand for not buying Messi or Haaland as well?
It would mate but you can’t reason with him. He’ll be sat in his halaand pyjamas typing away some comeback to you trying to get around the fact he’s just totally contracted himself... again

I agree with the point on Haaland. It's hard to imagine the club strung along by the likes of Riola. But I doubt we'd go hard for Kanel. United will probably be desperate to sign him and we'll be tapping out as soon as we start bidding against them as usual. It'd be fun to drive the price up but I don't want to line up Tottenham's pockets either.

I think we'd go for someone like Patson Daka or someone else not under the radar.
I dunno , I could definitely see pep fancying Kane , he’s amazing, I think he’d slot in to our team seamlessly.

just think the valuation may put us off , and dealing with Levy aswell . Be interesting to see what happens though , I’d love us to sign him .

But we should feel ashamed and guilty if this godly and extraordinary goalscorer like the world has never seen wants to join us and we don’t feel like running to the airport to welcome him, didn’t you get the memo?
I’ll probably be classed as spoilt for having an opinion and a feeling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.