Harry Kane

Well I for one am totally gutted. Kane was a perfect fit for this team

I've said before that signing him means running away with the PL and being favourites for the CL

Not signing him means neither of the big trophies and a top 4 battle... and I still believe that

I really hope we have somebody else lined up cos watching Torres doing an impression of the invisible man for the next 9 months doesn't fill me with much hope
You'll get players, but just about sums this fiasco up.

Hard to see this as anything but a disaster in terms of planning. A few days left in the transfer window we’re left without a striker. We let our record goal scorer go with no replacement. We didn’t make an offer for Messi as we were focused on Kane.

Our remaining options are to either overpay for an untested forward like Vlahovic or break our wage structure for Ronaldo. Neither of which are likely to happen.

We have 2 seasons left of Pep but are about to waste one of them without a striker. No doubt someone will say, he turned water into wine last season with Gundogan scoring for fun and he turned Delph into a left back. So the response will be “See it all works out”. Except the following season Delph struggled and we still don’t have a natural left back. There are no guarantees that Gundogan or anyone else will fill the goal scoring void.

This whole thing smacks of poor planning and naivety which will cost us.
Made me laugh

I don't see anybody being at fault here.

It's simply 2 clubs not agreeing a fee, both parties are entitled to their own valuation of the player.

Kane wanted his move, he didn't get it, it's a shame for him but at the end of the day he's under contract. Don't think he bottled it at all. What if he handed in a transfer request and the clubs still couldn't agree a fee?

As for a back up, if there's nobody that fits the bill I completely understand the club sticking with what we've got. We've made mistakes in the past with Bony, Jovetic etc. So if nobody is available, why should we panic.

As for Haaland, with the money involved its not gonna happen, people really need to make peace with that.
Bugger off with your sensible well rounded feelings on the issue. I have come here to see meltdowns, thread bans, perma bans an Gail Platt's tits.

200.gif
You know, I've been getting these stories on my feed about how Ronaldo is engineering a move to city...you don't think he had something to do with the Kane transfer collapsing? Maybe he paid off Levy for not selling Kane to city?

Tum tum tuuuuum. The plot thickens....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.