Harry Kane

Hard to see this as anything but a disaster in terms of planning. A few days left in the transfer window we’re left without a striker. We let our record goal scorer go with no replacement. We didn’t make an offer for Messi as we were focused on Kane.

Our remaining options are to either overpay for an untested forward like Vlahovic or break our wage structure for Ronaldo. Neither of which are likely to happen.

We have 2 seasons left of Pep but are about to waste one of them without a striker. No doubt someone will say, he turned water into wine last season with Gundogan scoring for fun and he turned Delph into a left back. So the response will be “See it all works out”. Except the following season Delph struggled and we still don’t have a natural left back. There are no guarantees that Gundogan or anyone else will fill the goal scoring void.

This whole thing smacks of poor planning and naivety which will cost us.

Pep has stated publicly that if players are not happy they must find clubs to pay market value for them, which in the cases of Bernardo and Laporte is substantial.

That's what I'm saying,because of some of the figures being banded about for Bernardo to Milan are laughable,so let's see what peanuts we get

Let’s run this.

we unsettled Laporte and Jesus.

we passed on haaland who apparently wanted a move.

we passed on the holy grail that was Messi.

we showed Kun the door.

all based on Kane’s awful management.

staggering.
Laporte unsettled by Kane doesn't make sense to me. His name was highlighted as a possible leaver, unsettled, with question marks over his attitude/commitment separately from the Kane deal.

Jesus... he'll be fine. He could still go, in fact. Otherwise, it's just reality. He hasn't quite delivered for us. It's on him to step up if he wants to stay. He certainly looked good last week.

Haaland - when did we pass on him? All the chatter says he'll join RM next summer, which was borne out by Chelsea getting almost nowhere with him and going for Lukaku. Which was them using a fairly obvious stalking horse.

Messi - was last summer's project. I view NOT getting him, and turning the page, as a decisive moment in our recent history. It meant we'd given up on being a vanity project, or a Barca tribute act.

Kun. Long story short - his time was up. During the summer, when Ings and Kane were mentioned, it became clear that had both all but matched his stats in the PL in recent years.

One week remains - and options are still on the table.

Well I for one am totally gutted. Kane was a perfect fit for this team

I've said before that signing him means running away with the PL and being favourites for the CL

Not signing him means neither of the big trophies and a top 4 battle... and I still believe that

I really hope we have somebody else lined up cos watching Torres doing an impression of the invisible man for the next 9 months doesn't fill me with much hope

Well I for one am totally gutted. Kane was a perfect fit for this team

I've said before that signing him means running away with the PL and being favourites for the CL

Not signing him means neither of the big trophies and a top 4 battle... and I still believe that

I really hope we have somebody else lined up cos watching Torres doing an impression of the invisible man for the next 9 months doesn't fill me with much hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.