Harry Kane

This news wouldn't have been a last minute thing. Kane doesn't put that out without days of preparation. City, Spurs, Kane and anybody potentially involved would have known well in advance this was happening. The Ronaldo links come thick and fast days before this announcement, those aren't happening for the reason you suggest.

All signs point to both city and Kane thinking Levy’s silence as a negotiating tactic and both were playing a game he wasn’t taking part in as it turned out.

Good luck to Kane regardless of whether he genuinely wanted to stay or Levy priced him out. Whilst I am uneasy about us being light up front I was queasy about us spending over £100M on Kane. He’s good but not that good. Plus I would hate City help to fund a Spurs revival. They have won nothing for years except for their Chairman being the “best negotiator “ and are unlikely to be challenging soon. Hopefully City can find a Dias type signing

I know the majority are gutted, personally felt a bit like when I heard the CAS news. City will move on and up, no way is Kane worth the same as Mbappe.

I disagree with the consensus.

Kane is decent - top 10 maybe but we were being asked to spend top 5 money. And in the next 12 months I'm sure that the likes of Haaland / Mbappe will come available.

If Haaland is available on a £70m option next year it's crazy to me to buy a lesser player at double that cost. And Mbappe could be free - yes you have to spend the difference in wages and it will be obscene numbers but that is the way its going. I'd rather give £150m to Haaland in wages than give it to Spurs to make a deal happen.

I'm good with this. Now over to the CR7 thread (lol).

We didn't do too badly without one last season. And before you mention the CL final, that had nothing to do with having no striker.
I think we were lucky last year, lucky that the rest of the teams were so shit they let us come back from an awful start, spurs shown how easy we are to beat and that's without their prized possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.