Harry Kane

One dramatic change we will have is we will no longer be passing so much - he will change the way Pep plays his team.

I could see this happening, but I’m not sure exactly how I feel about it. Kane is a prolific finisher, so we should convert more chances. However, we’ll lose something in our pressing. I certainly can’t see us signing both Kane and Messi. You’d really struggle to fit those two in the team without completely compromising the press and general energy up front.

The second issue I have is related to his age. That wouldn’t be such a problem if the fee were in the more reasonable bracket. The figures being mentioned, however, are eye-watering. I don’t have any issue spending a lot on a single player, but I’d prefer to go for a player with serious longevity in that case.

Thirdly, Kane wouldn’t really do anything for the profile of the club. You could argue that this will come with winning trophies, but I’d imagine that a Haaland, Mbappe or Messi is far more marketable. That’s got to be a consideration when you’re spending the big bucks.

He is exactly the type of player City don't need. A bit like Grealish, all me me me. Best left alone.
Your more than welcome to your opinion.. but “exactly the type of player we don’t need”?, a top class proven prem lg goal scorer who’d get 30+ goals a season in a city shirt given the amount of chances we pass up game after game, each to their own, i’d have kane in a heartbeat because we’ll win everything with him

I could see this happening, but I’m not sure exactly how I feel about it. Kane is a prolific finisher, so we should convert more chances. However, we’ll lose something in our pressing. I certainly can’t see us signing both Kane and Messi. You’d really struggle to fit those two in the team without completely compromising the press and general energy up front.

The second issue I have is related to his age. That wouldn’t be such a problem if the fee were in the more reasonable bracket. The figures being mentioned, however, are eye-watering. I don’t have any issue spending a lot on a single player, but I’d prefer to go for a player with serious longevity in that case.

Thirdly, Kane wouldn’t really do anything for the profile of the club. You could argue that this will come with winning trophies, but I’d imagine that a Haaland, Mbappe or Messi is far more marketable. That’s got to be a consideration when you’re spending the big bucks.
Pretty much how i feel, undecided. Top English striker, yes please, top English striker at 28 who has a history of ankle issues at a fee north of 100m and i suddenly find myself wanting to be more considered. If Haaland did not exist i would be more assured saying yes but he does exist.

For me both those players would need to be worked into the squad at a cost of our current play style, to an extent. One however has significant resale value and the other will depreciate quickly no matter how successful he is due to age.
We would not have to become a bunch of long ball bruisers but the top end synergy or pressing, lots of movement and sharp passing would likely not be as it is now. How much would that affect us as a whole? not got a clue tbh. Pep may even be able to coach both of them to do a bit more of that, Kane already has shown he can drop back and pick a decent pass through but does that interfere with Kev then?

Kane is a huge goal threat and Pep would see that is realised to the fullest. If we are going to have to adapt a bit though, the sensible option is do it for the younger man who will still be growing as a player, but still a deadly striker. Then again Kane is absolutely proven in the prem, i am pretty certain Haaland would carry his ability to the prem but we have seen Kane do it over a prolonged period of time.

We may even not be interested in either and work with what we have and i'd be fine with that to if Pep thinks the squad will be ok over a season. Txiki and Pep have no time for Haalands agent at all so that has to be considered. The harmony at the club is imo sacred to them as much as anything we do on the pitch as one affects the other.

Marketing wise Kane would be great but equally making inroads to the nordic market would appeal greatly? to. They are traditionally Liverpool and Utd but Haaland would certainly bring a lot of young Norwegian fans to follow us. We think long term so it will be a consideration but how much is anybody's guess really.

tl;dr Not got a clue what we should do but would not be dissapointed with any outcome really, Kane, Haaland or neither. If we go for Kane i just hope we do not spend to much due to the English tax or whatever else inflates his price.

Edited: added a question mark to "Marketing wise Kane would be great but equally making inroads to the nordic market would appeal greatly? to." as i am not sure the level of importance that would carry.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.