Harry Kane

He was never the fastest or the most industrial of players, and I always thought at Spurs it was other players that did the work for him, he took all the praise and adulation by being there for the penalties and tap-ins.
Most times when I've seen him he came across as apathetic, totally indifferent to the play that was going on around him - not as lazy as former Spurs player Darren 'sick-note' Anderton, you'd need to be a corpse to be less active than that idle fucker.

But I truly believe under someone like Pep he could have gone on to bigger and better things. Pep would have made him a true legend, but as it is he'll always be known as the man who never quite achieved his potential. Sad, but that's how I see it.

The back injury he has can only be managed, not cured and I just don't see why the next manager would persist with him.

True.

For years that was Harry Kanes game at Tottenham which allowed Son to spin off him and make runs in behind, Southgate seems reluctant to let his midfielders make runs in beyond the centre forward to cause the opposition a problem.

I know there's a bigger problem than Kane at England under Southgate, You always hear "Southgate has brought back a togetherness in the group", Personally I don't see it, They are a disjointed side, A team of individuals.
In his first few years Southgate did a great job in improving morale and building team spirit. He also spent a lot of time currying favour with the press which is why so much media coverage (until recently) was so sycophantic. But he has traded off that. He has not changed his tactics for eight years...a period when English football at all levels has been modernised and transformed on the pitch. You are right the current team is disjointed and has no structure and that is all down to Southgate. I feel sorry for Kane. He is a brilliant striker...but he has also failed to modernise his game. He doesn't seem to have had any proper coaching, like most of his former Spurs team.

We missed out on Kane, but got Haaland. Thank you, Mr. Levy!

Haaland is a much better striker, despite what some will tell you.

He affects the game much more, creates space for his team, take defenders out of the game to the point where they're scared to go for man for man because he's fast and strong, so they double up and leave the team exposed. He makes teams very uncomfortable. Aside from the goals, he actually chips in with more assists than he's given credit for.

The only thing Kane really does better is he's a nice passer of the ball. However I'd prefer my striker up top, breaking scoring records and put the shits up defences and working for the team.

That's not to say Kane hasn't been an excellent player. He's just much more ineffective if he's not involved in the game. Haaland can seem ineffective to the untrained eye at times, but his attributes and presence open things up for the others.

That's why I argue against this idea that Haaland isn't a Pep player, he certainly is, just a bit different. Pep must love a player who can create space for the team like Haaland does. People used to say Kane is more of a Pep player, I disagree, I think he would get in the way of how City play.

I think they were, until Bellend became a member of the squad.

It was plain to see that he isn’t very well liked by his teammates.

As someone said earlier, an eélite, ruthless manager would have dropped Kane, and maybe Bellend too, if they’re disrupting the fluency of the team.

We often hear the phrase, "There are no sentiment in business," and the same should apply to top-level football.

Because if you bring sentiment into the equation, you’re fucked.
I think dropping Jack and the rag donkey from the squad was his downfall in losing the squads backing.Even Rashford another who had a poor season was not replaced.
Maguire was replaced easily but Jack and Rashford were not.
Eze,Gordon and Bowen were poor choices.You might as well stuck with Jack and Rashford and used another for a left back.
Sometimes off form players are still a better option than untried form players at International level.

In his first few years Southgate did a great job in improving morale and building team spirit. He also spent a lot of time currying favour with the press which is why so much media coverage (until recently) was so sycophantic. But he has traded off that. He has not changed his tactics for eight years...a period when English football at all levels has been modernised and transformed on the pitch. You are right the current team is disjointed and has no structure and that is all down to Southgate. I feel sorry for Kane. He is a brilliant striker...but he has also failed to modernise his game. He doesn't seem to have had any proper coaching, like most of his former Spurs team.
That's a great point you make, I think we all seen the best of Kane under Pochettino, He's had loads of different styles of managers going from one extreme to the other, Pochettino, Comte, Nuno, Tuchel ect

As you said he hasn't modernised his game which comes down to the coaching of the player, He's doing the same thing he's done for the last 10 years or so...He's at an age now were he has to cut out the dropping into midfield and just look to be a fox in the box maybe.

Quality centre forward, He is lethal on front of goal.

He affects the game much more, creates space for his team, take defenders out of the game to the point where they're scared to go for man for man because he's fast and strong, so they double up and leave the team exposed. He makes teams very uncomfortable. Aside from the goals, he actually chips in with more assists than he's given credit for.

The only thing Kane really does better is he's a nice passer of the ball. However I'd prefer my striker up top, breaking scoring records and put the shits up defences and working for the team.

That's not to say Kane hasn't been an excellent player. He's just much more ineffective if he's not involved in the game. Haaland can seem ineffective to the untrained eye at times, but his attributes and presence open things up for the others.

That's why I argue against this idea that Haaland isn't a Pep player, he certainly is, just a bit different. Pep must love a player who can create space for the team like Haaland does. People used to say Kane is more of a Pep player, I disagree, I think he would get in the way of how City play.
I never thought Kane would have been a good fit at City; I never understood why we were in for him. Haaland can be frustrating as hell at times, but I’d rather have home than Kane (pen). And I agree, I think Pep loves the challenge of working with Haaland.

It's the myth of the "Pep striker" that makes people keep regurgitating the notion Kane fits us better, because once upon a time he had Messi. Pep works with and maximizes what he has. He had Lewandowski and Aguero, two strikers in completely different molds and Pep didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable with them.

We already have excellent chance creators in the team, why will someone like Haaland not be good for us. You can't be a square peg in a round hole and score the amount of goals Haaland did.

Pep definitely loves Haaland. He certainly seemed revitalized during Haaland's first season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.