Harry Kane

I agree if Kane wants to come to City I think he has gone about it all wrong. City dont like a fuss.
City have had a few messy transfers, Sterling, and I think lescott, but City try to avoid them.

Spurs will play hardball. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane ends up being done up by two American owners, stay at spurs or go to utd.
Kane isn’t going to get out of spurs without kicking up a fuss
Same with haaland at Dortmund
Sometimes it can’t be avoided

I get the "harry kane is 28 and 100m is a lot of money argument" but people who say this is an "underwhelming purchase" clearly underestimate just how good this guy is
From the stand point of what we need right now he's got everything and not only his goals, but all around game.

Playing out from the back against a high press he can drop deep and be the extra man in midfield to help progress the ball. Aguero and Jesus used to drop deep as well, but Kun isn't great at holding it up or playing 1 touch passes back. Jesus is light weight and gets pushed off the ball easy when the opposition CB's close in on him. Kane actually does this when Mourinho played him as a #10 when they'd counter attack. He's ability to drop deeper and play in Son in behind him.

Attacking in the opposition half we also need a player centrally who can also have their back to goal with balls fizzed at their feet. Actually in previous seasons it was David Silva. A perfect example is when we won the league on the final day at Brighton. Laporte fizzed a ball into Dave who quickly 1 touched it to play in Aguero for the goal. Pep talked about how Dave was one of the best in tight spaces. Currently we have Phil who can do it, but there is a problem when he plays wide left he can't be central at the same time. Having Kane be that player who could control the ball to his feet with back to goal and get a shot off for himself or if we have one of the wingers like Foden or Torres tucking in next to him he could link up with them.

For me the problem is how much Levy would want and what we actually value Kane at. I don't think we'd want to be taken to the cleaners.

You do realise a 100% improvement would put us on at least 166 points for next season? I think you are overestimating Kane’s ability like quite a few on this thread
That would be some ability to give us 50 points more than possible I’ll give you that but by 100% I mean I’m certain he would improve us, Leeds and West Brom could have been cricket scores yet we dropped points in both, if you don’t think a certified proven striker could have given us 3 points you’re deluded, goals win games the more the better

I would be surprised if any deal was close, surely Levy will be waiting until after the CL final to see if we win.

I read that winning the CL is worth £100 million, so why would he even discuss a fee until he see's if we receive this windfall?
Sheiks spare change that pal

I don’t want him, I’ve never once questioned his ability.
I don’t want him even there’s no chance we get Haaland (my preferred choice).
I just can’t get excited by thought of him signing, underwhelmed is a word I’ve used already.
The price is playing a huge part in that, not his fault, not our money etc..
Don’t care, he’s gonna cost more than £100m, probably closer to £130m and I’d expect a younger more exciting, fitter player for that kind of money.
I also don’t buy into what everyone is saying about him transforming us, winning 4 premier leagues in a row, back to back champions leagues, 40-60 goals a season.
I just don’t see it.
He’ll score plenty, most half decent strikers would score a decent amount for us, we’re a strikers dream.
But with a fully fit and firing Sergio we never managed 4 premier leagues in a row and flattered to deceive in the CL.
No videos, posts or stats will convince me otherwise.
I don’t want him.
To be clear that doesn’t mean I won’t support him if he arrives, he’ll be a blue so will get my support.
I’ve supported some right useless lazy wankers who’ve played for us through the years, so that won’t change regardless of how I feel : )
We’ve never had a fully fit sergio under pep unfortunately, with kane banging 30+ goals a season for us glory truly beckons, its a no brainer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.