Harry Kane

Personally, I’d prefer Haaland as he is younger and perhaps has greater potential. Seems increasingly unlikely that he’ll be available this summer though, in which case Kane would a great alternative. Seems like he’s pretty keen on the move too, which always helps.
Agree with this100% , however I wonder if City are happy with the current media frenzy over Kane. This could flush out Raiola & Dortmund, if not we could get Kane. Both excellent additions although Haaland would make sense overa longer period. Conversely Kane being the age he is would let Delap develo. In a way a win win win situation !

Agree with this100% , however I wonder if City are happy with the current media frenzy over Kane. This could flush out Raiola & Dortmund, if not we could get Kane. Both excellent additions although Haaland would make sense overa longer period. Conversely Kane being the age he is would let Delap develo. In a way a win win win situation !
IM not sure loing haaland is a win win situation...think its a huge mistake personally.

From the stand point of what we need right now he's got everything and not only his goals, but all around game.

Playing out from the back against a high press he can drop deep and be the extra man in midfield to help progress the ball. Aguero and Jesus used to drop deep as well, but Kun isn't great at holding it up or playing 1 touch passes back. Jesus is light weight and gets pushed off the ball easy when the opposition CB's close in on him. Kane actually does this when Mourinho played him as a #10 when they'd counter attack. He's ability to drop deeper and play in Son in behind him.

Attacking in the opposition half we also need a player centrally who can also have their back to goal with balls fizzed at their feet. Actually in previous seasons it was David Silva. A perfect example is when we won the league on the final day at Brighton. Laporte fizzed a ball into Dave who quickly 1 touched it to play in Aguero for the goal. Pep talked about how Dave was one of the best in tight spaces. Currently we have Phil who can do it, but there is a problem when he plays wide left he can't be central at the same time. Having Kane be that player who could control the ball to his feet with back to goal and get a shot off for himself or if we have one of the wingers like Foden or Torres tucking in next to him he could link up with them.

For me the problem is how much Levy would want and what we actually value Kane at. I don't think we'd want to be taken to the cleaners.

The only weakness Kane has is he lost a lot of speed with the big hamstring injury he had surgery on and it shows when Spurs counter. Son scores a lot because he's absolutely rapid and can be the guy at the point of the counter attack that Kane can't. Foden and Mahrez aren't going go do what Son does and absolutely burn everyone to get on the end of a counter.

I wasn’t overly keen on Kane, Iv always said it has to be Haaland as if we don’t get him then someone else will and that’s a problem.

However after watching that Kane interview I do think he would be brilliant for us, no Ego, wants to win things, a leader, already knows most of the players and would try and learn everything he can from pep.

Haaland would be different gravy but there’s a few questions that you don’t get with Kane, would he be wanting to move on in 3 years? He has a bit of an ego so will he fit in? Can he do it in the prem?

Still take Haaland all day but can see why the club might consider Kane the much safer bet.

The only weakness Kane has is he lost a lot of speed with the big hamstring injury he had surgery on and it shows when Spurs counter. Son scores a lot because he's absolutely rapid and can be the guy at the point of the counter attack that Kane can't. Foden and Mahrez aren't going go do what Son does and absolutely burn everyone to get on the end of a counter.
Will probably end up being Foden and Sterling once (if) Raz returns to any sort of form. There’s always the chance he doesn’t return to form though.

I get the "harry kane is 28 and 100m is a lot of money argument" but people who say this is an "underwhelming purchase" clearly underestimate just how good this guy is
What’s his record like against the top teams? I don’t know those stats, but my impression is he scores well against the weakest 85% of teams. So he’d do it in those games for us too if he signs. Is that enough? If it is, then great.

What’s his record like against the top teams? I don’t know those stats, but my impression is he scores well against the weakest 85% of teams. So he’d do it in those games for us too if he signs. Is that enough? If it is, then great.
This is from 3 months ago.

Doesn't have games but he came through 2 seasons after Aguero arrived at City so he should be about 12 games behind him.
hq6wbfrjvuh61.jpg

This is from 3 months ago.

Doesn't have games but he came through 2 seasons after Aguero arrived at City so he should be about 12 games behind him.
hq6wbfrjvuh61.jpg
goes along with the theory that he does go missing in big games...however the caveat is so does the rest of the team behind him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.