Harry Kane

Just read 4 or 5 pages and this is only post with any sense.

Kane is the best striker in the country comfortably. Scores the most, creates the most.

Be interesting to read the opinions of those who don't want him if he signs for scum or Chelsea and gets 40+ goals next season.
100 penalties next season for the Rags if he joins Bruno TomDaly and Submarine Rashford

He might be bigger than Kane commercially, but honest question, is that enough? I mean to me the only 2 players that move the needle IMO is Messi and maybe Ronaldo. They still have a big following in places like Asia, South America and North America amongst other countries. Zlatan for example didn't even get noticed walking around LA and he played there. He asked random people on the street "do you know who I am?" and most said no. Haaland might be big in Nordic countries, but is that enough? Will he have a big enough following around the world?

If you look at the next 2 big so called starts in Neymar and Mbappe, I'm not sure they even move the needle that much. Does anyone not interested in PSG suddenly watch them every week? I know I don't. I don't think it helped them that much considering they have to buy players like Danilo, Herrera taking a loan player in Florenzi and now take Wijnaldum on a free even though he's a decent player.
I think we already discussed this, but the answer is yes. I have visited many countries in South America in the past few years and I see PSG shirts everywhere. There were almost none before. Their presence in Asia massively increased. The brand exploded with Neymar and Mbappe. It wasn’t a club the casual viewer cared about and now it’s one of the most. Even the non-viewers now perceive the brand in a different way. Looking at the US as a barometer for anything football related is tricky, as you might imagine.

I subscribe to the biggest cable provider in South America. The days in which City played Dortmund, which was also the day Liverpool and Real Madrid faced each other in the UCL, the banner you saw the moment you turned on the tv the 24 hours before both games, the thing they chose to highlight from both games as a way to seduce the viewer for the “Champions League day”, was a picture of Haaland, not a picture of a City, Liverpool or Madrid player. He already is a face of the competition. I’m watching the Euros in the Brazilian channel and they sometimes bring him up in the commentary for no reason. Why do players like Messi and Ronaldo, the ones you mentioned, are superstars? Because they always score goals and are involved in great moments. Nothing in football sells like the celebration of goals. It’s the “orgasm” and if you see a player over and over again in the big moments, there you have the star. Mbappe is that too. Neymar isn’t necessarily a goal machine, but he creates special moments in the game, and has a special ability to get people talking about him all the time (of course, a PR team of dozens of people helps...). Of course not every top goalscorer will be a world star (some end up being just well known), but those that will, you see from a galaxy away, and there are market researches conducted about Haaland that clubs are well aware of. PSG knew what they were getting when they got Mbappe too, and not just on the field. It wasn’t purely instinctive; they had the research.

All playing out perfectly.

As expected we get the definitive brief from Levy of Harry is not for sale over tonight and the next day or so.

Next will be Harry hands in transfer request.

Then deal announced.
You know people that know people at city ?

For me the question is can we manage to land a world class number 9 this window? Unfortunately the deal isn’t done in a vacuum so the debate who is the better player is only a small part of the story.

Who wants to join?
Will the club sell within an appropriate timescale?
Who will accept a salary within our structure?
What are the fees involved?

For me the question is can we manage to land a world class number 9 this window? Unfortunately the deal isn’t done in a vacuum so the debate who is the better player is only a small part of the story.

Who wants to join?
Isn’t this the same with all transfers, regardless of world class or not ?

Who wants to join?
If we didn't sign another striker , that would be awful planning on our part. That would leave us with Jesus, someone hardly renowned for his consistency of scoring goals. The false nine will be ok in some games, but won't work in others. Failure to land a striker won't make us champions again next season

Whether you want Kane at City or not, judging him or any other player by their performances in the Euros whilst being managed by Gareth fucking Southgate is really rather foolish.

Not just these euros thou , he was crap in the last world cup , a few pens and a shot that hit is heel as he was trying to get out of the way to win the golden boot !. Plus the champions league final he was crap.

Can Kane perform at the next level up from the premier league ? He is 27 and hasnt performed yet.

Personally I am more and more in the Haaland camp. If not him I fancy Torres playing centre forward and Jesus on right wing ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.