Harry Kane

Tbh at this stage I'm starting to wonder how this move happens.

With Grealish, I can see it. It'd cost 80-100m, which isn't ridiculous. The Villa owners in my opinion despite the bells and whistles won't play too hardball. They may have money already but circa 90m for a team that's only just come up to the PL and hasn't yet qualified for Europe is a huge amount of money. Their turnover isn't much over 100m. They won't be able to offer him a competitive wage which could accelerate things. Plus he apparently has a release clause to make it simpler. Also if we have to sell someone to fund him, it's likely Bernardo to go, so there'd be a Grealish sized hole at the ready.

With Kane, he'd cost way more, which for a team like City to pay that seems out of sorts considering our current biggest transfers are all in the low 60m range. They have an owner who even De Laurentiis would think of as difficult. Tottenham's turnover is over 400m, and it's been high like that for years. They can get away without a sale. They can give him a lot of money. We don't have any castoffs in our forward positions to vacate for him if we need the funds. On top of that none of our players would consider an exchange there. Like as it was with Messi, I feel like we're really banking on Kane to make a move here.

Admittedly there's a long time to go and factors that I've missed or won't ever know about. We could sign Kane for an affordable fee and get priced out for Grealish for all I know (I really doubt it though). This is just where I stand on it atm.

You should note that Aguero’s left us now, so there’s definitely a striker sized hole in our squad.

I’m not saying that Kane’s the right one to fill it but the facts counter your logic that there’s room for Grealish (because Bernardo might leave) but there’s no room for a striker (when a striker has already vacated the slot).

I'm usually good at spotting your tone - must be the heat!

Yeah someone put me in a foul mood earlier.

I disagree. Harry Kane is definitely a level above Jesus. Don't think any club chooses Jesus over Kane at the same price.

Hmm, not sure I'd go that far.

Not that it was the point I wanted of make, when I made a bit of a flippant remark (having previously argued Jesus sacrifices himself for the team when folk were saying how crap he is for not scoring in certain games).

PL clubs, maybe. European clubs, I dare guess most would pick Jesus over Kane at the same price, he offers a lot more and is younger.

As a pure goal scorer though, I would agree he is better. But only because he plays regularly every week in the same position in a team built around him, while jesus does whatever is asked of him and missea out on the rhythm he could have.

I think we may play hardball with Levy.A one time take it or leave it.
None of our players are going there unless they have no ambition.
It maybe down to Kane to force the move if he wants it.However if he does that the Spurs fans may turn on him but hey ho if he wants the chance of winning things.

I disagree. Harry Kane is definitely a level above Jesus.
It’s amazing how underrated Gabby is amongst our own fans.
He quicker than Kane (so’s my dead neighbour), he’s more skilful, can take players on better than he can, can work better in tighter areas than he can, works much harder than he does in attack and defence (for the team).
Kane’s a better goal scorer and better in the air.
We’ll see how much better you think he is against a packed defences every week.
The problem with Gabby is he’s played second fiddle to Sergio, so either Sergio plays or none of them, long term.
Gabby has a couple of ‘bad’ games (not scoring), but also working his bollocks off for the team and he gets hooked.
Kane of the other hand has a few bad games and because he’s really the only goal threat he doesn’t get dropped, so gets to play his way back into form (England).
Gabby doesn’t get that luxury.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.