Harry Kane

Tbh at this stage I'm starting to wonder how this move happens.

With Grealish, I can see it. It'd cost 80-100m, which isn't ridiculous. The Villa owners in my opinion despite the bells and whistles won't play too hardball. They may have money already but circa 90m for a team that's only just come up to the PL and hasn't yet qualified for Europe is a huge amount of money. Their turnover isn't much over 100m. They won't be able to offer him a competitive wage which could accelerate things. Plus he apparently has a release clause to make it simpler. Also if we have to sell someone to fund him, it's likely Bernardo to go, so there'd be a Grealish sized hole at the ready.

With Kane, he'd cost way more, which for a team like City to pay that seems out of sorts considering our current biggest transfers are all in the low 60m range. They have an owner who even De Laurentiis would think of as difficult. Tottenham's turnover is over 400m, and it's been high like that for years. They can get away without a sale. They can give him a lot of money. We don't have any castoffs in our forward positions to vacate for him if we need the funds. On top of that none of our players would consider an exchange there. Like as it was with Messi, I feel like we're really banking on Kane to make a move here.

Admittedly there's a long time to go and factors that I've missed or won't ever know about. We could sign Kane for an affordable fee and get priced out for Grealish for all I know (I really doubt it though). This is just where I stand on it atm.

Nuno is the new Spurs man. Jorge Mendes client. I'm sure Kane is ours, barring serious injury.

The reaction to his Euro 2020 displays is predictably over the top - this is the last I'll say on the matter.

He's not crocked, not seriously. He's not at his best.

But I had reason to go back through the papers earlier this week, and noticed that both Mourinho, and Joachim Low, had commented upon his role for England in the run up to the Germany game. Both made the same observation - he was sacrificing himself for the team.

They could see it. I could see it. But people get silly specs on when watching England. So confused by watching players from other teams, a manager who (and no matter who it is) is more than likely going to end being thrown in the stocks, and with he whole thing a ridiculous spectacle anyway, it clouds people's better judgement.

Without Kane occupying both centreforwards for 90 minutes, then Sterling would never have had the spaces to run into. It's why Sterling fell off a cliff after Aguero got dumped from the team. With a midfield of Philips and Rice the best we could field - and with Shaw so limited as a LB - this was always England's best tactic.

Nuno is the new Spurs man. Jorge Mendes client. I'm sure Kane is ours, barring serious injury.

The reaction to his Euro 2020 displays is predictably over the top - this is the last I'll say on the matter.

He's not crocked, not seriously. He's not at his best.

But I had reason to go back through the papers earlier this week, and noticed that both Mourinho, and Joachim Low, had commented upon his role for England in the run up to the Germany game. Both made the same observation - he was sacrificing himself for the team.

They could see it. I could see it. But people get silly specs on when watching England. So confused by watching players from other teams, a manager who (and no matter who it is) is more than likely going to end being thrown in the stocks, and with he whole thing a ridiculous spectacle anyway, it clouds people's better judgement.

Without Kane occupying both centreforwards for 90 minutes, then Sterling would never have had the spaces to run into. It's why Sterling fell off a cliff after Aguero got dumped from the team. With a midfield of Philips and Rice the best we could field - and with Shaw so limited as a LB - this was always England's best tactic.
There was someone writing for The Athletic who pointed out that Kane was good against Germany due to tactical discipline.

is Nuno a big enough manager to temp kane to stay at spurs ?

i have a feeling kane made his mind up before the season ended and told the spurs chairman he wants out
after jose was given one last season to prove spurs can be a top club and win silver for kane. but ended badly with losing jose and the league cup in the same week i feel it was the final nail in the coffin for kane at spurs

city do tend to get there new players tide up before the anything is release and football is a revolving door that never stops. a lot of work goes on behind the scenes with agents and clubs long before the seasons ends. players must know what they want and say to the agent get me this move

manchester city must stop fearing the FFP because we are not a club that is in any sort of trouble
debt free making good profit and turn over before covid-19. also the club have a big new club sponsorship in the pipe line and its big. a possible new 10 year deal that could make the club around £900 million £90milion a season

Kane might need to cause some waves if he really wants out with Levy thinking he can always get one over another club! Think we would go to 120m with addons then if levy says no deal we will move on to the next big one!…. Ings…

There was someone writing for The Athletic who pointed out that Kane was good against Germany due to tactical discipline.
It was a good article and did make me reconsider his effectiveness. I would still expect more from a £100m player though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.