Harry Kane

How about he starts for Spurs...

we sign him at halftime...

and he plays the second half for us?

(Do they have a working fax machine at their new stadium?)

JJ
As I recall I think that's how Paul Power's testimonial worked he played the first half for us and the second for Everton..... think its less likely this time!

I think City are going to have to pay more than a lot of people on here are happy with. The more you think about this transfer I think we are over estimating our position for me it will come down to City having to put up or shut up. We want a player who has a long time on his contract and that Spurs don't want to sell. Kane can do his bit but at the end of the day its business and is him being unhappy more important to Levy than money. Bernado wanted to leave last year according to rumours wasn't able to but still gave his all, Kane I believe would do the same it doesn't benefit him to do any different once the transfer window closes. We all assume Spurs are desperate for the money but Levy might be able to rearrange things for a year or more with football finances who knows. I really hope we get Kane and am not bothered about what we pay if the club think its doable then that's good enough for me. We might be able to get the price down a bit but I still think if we get him it will cost us near enough Levy's asking price.

Reminding me of Arsenal at home in December 2011 this. "1st of January, Van Persie is ours" we sung. 6 months later he was a United player and won them the league.

Here's hoping our gloating at Spurs next week pays off.

Why do you expect that rivals will always struggle? They wont. CFC will come good. Even Man Utd may do so. (although perhaps unlikely with OGS in charge). Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich all struggling at moment but I don't see why this is inevitable. Clearly for much of history these clubs have dominated. It's just cycles in football.

i was referring to the spending power and quality of player ?
barcelona only being allowed to sign free transfers and others are in the same boats

the drop of them clubs you will see on the pitch in champions league. city must have one of the best squads in europe meaning domestic football EPL and rotation gives you a better chance in the later stages

if city add harry kane then all the bases would be covered and hopefully come the later stage of the champions league we will be the fresher team

Sure others have already mentioned this, but the news Spurs close to signing Lautaro Martinez can only be a good thing for us. Feel like Levy is being wise in making his signings now, so he's not held ransom to high demands once he gets the Kane money.

Feel optimistic about us bringing him in within the next week or so
Same as the Villa

I think City are going to have to pay more than a lot of people on here are happy with. The more you think about this transfer I think we are over estimating our position for me it will come down to City having to put up or shut up. We want a player who has a long time on his contract and that Spurs don't want to sell. Kane can do his bit but at the end of the day its business and is him being unhappy more important to Levy than money. Bernado wanted to leave last year according to rumours wasn't able to but still gave his all, Kane I believe would do the same it doesn't benefit him to do any different once the transfer window closes. We all assume Spurs are desperate for the money but Levy might be able to rearrange things for a year or more with football finances who knows. I really hope we get Kane and am not bothered about what we pay if the club think its doable then that's good enough for me. We might be able to get the price down a bit but I still think if we get him it will cost us near enough Levy's asking price.
If he was 26 and not prone to a couple of months of every season due to injuries (thigh last season and recurring, sporadic issues with ankle) i'd accept it on a personal level. More than 120 now though and yeah, it just feels to much. Very few scenario's where players should sign a 6y contract with confidence. Whoever sorted Kane's is an absolute idiot.

You are spot on about where we all stand, i really don't see us paying it though 150-160m is a lot of cash. Levy will probably want a large chunk upfront to, not the 25m a year thing that you see happen a lot. Something will have to give one way or another though, i just have no idea if it will be us walking or coughing up, sometimes you get a feeling for the situation, here though i am at a loss to say one way or the other.

I do think he will be professional but the drive to dig deep consistently may fade a bit. Even when you are on top, doing it season after season demands exceptional mental discipline, i know i couldn't be arsed, i would end up pictured in a dodgy bar with suspicious looking white powder all over my face probably xD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.