Harry Kane

Were we ever seriously in for him? Remember Kane killed the transfer before the end of the window. That tells me that he knew it was a media storm in a tea-cup and wasn't going to happen.
I think more realistically is that the penny dropped with Kane, that Levy was never going to allow him to leave for any figure that could be classed as acceptable. I think as it went on for so long, we knew our ceiling bid and were trying to negotiate, but it didn't happen because of Spurs.

The big question is, would he be performing as he is this season, if he had of joined us???

Daniel Levy is a fucking genius. Dog shit manager, a player that he could have banked £120m in the summer who is now a toxic presence, no money to invest. I hope the little thrill he got in the summer of everyone saying he is a very good businessman will see him through another shite season.

Daniel Levy is a fucking genius. Dog shit manager, a player that he could have banked £120m in the summer who is now a toxic presence, no money to invest. I hope the little thrill he got in the summer of everyone saying he is a very good businessman will see him through another shite season.
He was rewarded with a place on the UEFA table.
Job done

I think Kane will hit form at some point this season, but probably not to the extent to justify a huge transfer fee. 100m for a 29 y.o. next summer would be too much.

I think we were quietly optimistic about signing Kane because it didn't make much sense for Spurs to reject a big offer. That is, we didn't expect Levy to show himself as incompetent to such an extent.
I know City fans were frustrated, but we didn't do much wrong. The player came to us and said he wanted to play for us and only us, and that he had an agreement that any reasonable offer would be considered, and Levy acted the clown for months, riling his supporters up that they wouldn't take less than £175m or whatever he was going on about. We refused to be taken the piss out of, I'll be shocked if anyone else goes in for him, and we'll look elsewhere. Kane knows this better than anyone - would you be happy with your boss if they pulled that shit? He's probably seeing out the rest of his career hearing jibes about never winning anything. For his and England's sake I hope Foden wins him a world cup medial. ;)

Kane always starts off slow, he's also had no pre-season this time round. But he has looked off it even during Englands Euro run. I do think he would've scored loads for us, but the ship has sailed and we shouldn't think about returning for him. There's only one transfer we need to make for that position now, we just need Txixi and Raiola to sit down and come to some kind of financial agreement with regards to pay.

Kane always starts off slow, he's also had no pre-season this time round. But he has looked off it even during Englands Euro run. I do think he would've scored loads for us, but the ship has sailed and we shouldn't think about returning for him. There's only one transfer we need to make for that position now, we just need Txixi and Raiola to sit down and come to some kind of financial agreement with regards to pay.
I don't think he's done, and to be fair none of the England lads that played regularly have hit the ground running this season except maybe Walker, but I think and expect Harry knows that was his big opportunity to come to City probably gone.

I don't think he's done, and to be fair none of the England lads that played regularly have hit the ground running this season except maybe Walker, but I think and expect Harry knows that was his big opportunity to come to City probably gone.
Yep agree, don't think he's done at all. This is a common occurence with him to start off slowly, but when he hits a run of form it generally lasts the rest of the season.

But like i said, the ship has sailed. People blame City, but the Kane's knew what was needed and they didn't deliver the required pressure from their end to get the deal over the line. It is what it is, the only time i can remember us going back in for a play is maybe Mahrez and possibly Messi.

Yep agree, don't think he's done at all. This is a common occurence with him to start off slowly, but when he hits a run of form it generally lasts the rest of the season.

But like i said, the ship has sailed. People blame City, but the Kane's knew what was needed and they didn't deliver the required pressure from their end to get the deal over the line. It is what it is, the only time i can remember us going back in for a play is maybe Mahrez and possibly Messi.
I think Sanchez and then Messi have been key moments for how City do business, and rightly so. As a club we have no interest in being used as a bank, as a name to throw around for someone looking for a better deal, or any of the other shit we've had the piss taken out of by agents, chairmen, and players, over the years. We've got the best facilities, best manager, and best team in the world. If you come to play for us you'll get rewarded, if you get your head down and play your role in the team you'll be a much better player, if you do well for us you'll get trophies and the latter stages of the CL and a pay rise to go with it, and if you work really, really hard you'll be a club legend with a statue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.