Harry Kane

Pep wanted him badly. It feels similar to when we transferred mahrez. We waited and went back to Leicester with a lower more realistic fee.

Kane is obviously not the popular choice with Dusan & Erling seemingly about to come on the market.

A rejuvenated and motivated Kane would be an excellent addition. No mystic but a solid performer.

Vlahovic- gamble.
Kane - safe.
Haaland - unrealistic.

Kane is the obvious city transfer.
I suspect you may be onto something Wolv

the club just isn't built any more to get into binding wars with other clubs.

The way people keep repeating this reminds me of the “We don’t spend £100m on a player” crowd from last year.

The club gets into a bidding war every time they approach a player. We went head to head with Barcelona and Madrid for Gabriel Jesus. KDB was a straight fight between City and PSG. Chelsea wanted Stones.

Every player we sign has contact and offers from other clubs. We don’t get involved in public auctions for players, we nail down the player before going to the club, but it’s straight up delusional and slightly Liverpool-ey to think every player we sign only ever wanted to sign for us and never had to get sold on picking City over everyone else.

There is always a bidding war with every player and agent, it’s just less public.

Last edited:
Any coincidence that Kane is suddenly looking sharp again, I just wonder if he's heard that we're still interested in signing him. Definitely seemed like he'd downed tools the first few months of the season.
Like others have said, I think we'll go in again next window and hopefully get a deal done for between 80-100m

The way people keep repeating this reminds me of the “We don’t spend £100m on a player” crowd from last year.

The club gets into a bidding war every time they approach a player. We went head to head with Barcelona and Madrid for Gabriel Jesus. KDB was a straight fight between City and PSG. Chelsea wanted Stones.

Every player we sign has contact and offers from other clubs. We don’t get involved in public auctions for players, we nail down the player before going to the club, but it’s straight up delusional and slightly Liverpool-ey to think every player we sign only ever wanted to sign for us and never had to get sold on picking City over everyone else.

There is always a bidding war with every player and agent, it’s just less public.
Its not a criticism of the club, actually the contrary,in recent years we have missed out on our first choice target for a number of years because we set values for all the deals we do. Having missed out we go down the list, yes it can be frustrating but the system works.
I agree on what clubs players want to sign for, indeed I'm not sure its as easy a sell as some other clubs, players need to buy into playing in this system the club's not going to change its system to accommodate anyone and a whole bunch of players would be a hard no to that kind of treatment. As supporters we see success on the field as the only metric for consideration, as a player given your career length it might not even be your main consideration.

According to City. We don’t go into bidding wars. We box the player off before another club comes knocking. Last summer the club went all in for Kane. The links to both Haaland & Dusan are not concrete. The latter was not even on our radar. Haaland has had plenty of time to decide his next move. He has not once spoken about moving to city. Kane has when he did the interview with sky sports.

I agree mate.

I think if I had to put my life on 1 of Haaland, Dusan or Kane who we’ll go for in the summer it would certainly be Kane.

As you say I very much hope I’m wrong.

Its not a criticism of the club, actually the contrary,in recent years we have missed out on our first choice target for a number of years because we set values for all the deals we do. Having missed out we go down the list, yes it can be frustrating but the system works.

You're mistaking refusing to outbid other clubs and the club's policy of agreeing terms with a player, and then abandoning a deal if the player tries to renegotiate. Sanchez, Fred and Jorginho all agreed terms with City, then tried to renegotiate when City were speaking to their club because they thought they could get more, and that's why they were jettisoned.

I agree mate.

I think if I had to put my life on 1 of Haaland, Dusan or Kane who we’ll go for in the summer it would certainly be Kane.

As you say I very much hope I’m wrong.

It's genuinely incredible to me that people think Harry Kane is still an option.

Forget the fact he's nearly 30. Forget the fact his form has gone to shit. Spurs demanded £200m for him. He still has years left on his contract, that price isn't changing.

The idea the club is more likely to spend £200m on a player than convince the £63m player to come is ludicrous.

By the way, if Kane became the most expensive player in history, which he would at Spurs demanded price, he'd be earning the same kind of money Haaland is supposedly after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.