Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kippaxking79

kippaxking79

He's good but nowhere near 80 million good.

I truly think there are better examples out there for less. How much would Kompany of cost in todays rates?? Pure bargain.

2. Marvin

Marvin

I wouldn't want to lose the player though. He would make quite an impact at City.

TBH unless Utd walk away, I can't really see it happening as it will go to £75m to £80m. The sensible thing would be to line up more than one deal, which is probably what we are doing. It would not surprise me if Utd do exactly the same thing with the same player.

3. Marvin

Marvin

If he improve City he is. Rewards for winning trophies are enormous and what it's all about.

The Riot Club likes this.
  4. Blu1

Blu1

I agree & I would sign him now. I’m really surprised this position has not been sorted already. Makes me think we are not that interested as I don’t think we are in a position to waste time,

I don’t get the opinion he’s not good for us. There isn’t many options he’s British & young. The value in the football market is all over and we all know that. Give it another 2 seasons he will be a £100m player. No, not worth it but that’s the way it is with British players. He would also hit the ground running & not many can do that in this league.

I’m surprised it’s not a done deal. If we don’t sort this position & a fern replacement it will allow other teams to get closer to us. We need to really push on now & dominate.

If pep really wanted him I think it would be a done deal already.

I’m happy with who ever pep gets!

5. kippaxking79

kippaxking79

Just don't think he will improve us enough to warrant splashing 80 Mill. It's an obscene amount.

6. Marvin

Marvin

Look at the entire transfer market. Central defender is a key position in a club.

Looking at BBC Gossip for tonight's papers, there's a few stories linking Utd to Umtiti.

If were them I'd go elsewhere as there's a very high chance that if City are determined to get Maguire then the player will choose City over Utd.

7. catalyst

catalyst

Aké attacking and defensive contribution both better than Maguire's, but what Maguire has the advantage of because of that size is his ability to easily shrug off players and carry the ball, he rarely passes back, very forward thinking player and no nonsense at times (although he also gets dispossessed more number of times than Aké, and obviously isn't as agile or fast as him).

8. bluwes

bluwes

Maguire has told Leicester he wants to leave. He only wants to move to City

The Riot Club, bumbleblue and Falcao like this.
  9. Blu1

Blu1

I wonder if we could see a player going the other way ? Maybe £65m + somebody like Delph ? I can see Delph at Leicester if I’m honest.

Would that make the deal less offensive financially to us fans.

10. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

I agree with you on this, if City and Pep really wanted him there would have been more noise, its too quiet for City to be serious about this guy, have we even put in a bid yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.