Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nails

Nails

Of course we want him. Duh.

2. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

Ok il put it another way, "we don't want him at that price, which will be 75 - 80m, he's not worth it and we have a budget.

3. ws01

ws01

That's not a statement - he'd have been asked that question from a reporter, probably at a press conference. What would you like him to say?.

In case you missed this important line: "I think he can do it, but his position is as a midfield player.”

The difference being that Vinnie wasn't too crash hot in the middle of the park, and he moved to CB at young age. Again, Fernandinho is one of the best in the world in his position, one in which quality is as rare as hen's teeth and he is very close to retirement, having played his entire professional career in midfield.

It's pure Football Manager, fantasy thinking coming out again to propose for him to move to a position he's barely played before at this stage in his career. If we have CBs, he does not need to play there and nor should we expect him to.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2019
  4. ctid1894

ctid1894

So predictable, taking the one and ONLY sentence completely out of context in consideration to Pep’s whole 3 minute answer (the video is on YouTube) and trying to use that as justification behind your reasoning.

Pep even started Fernandinho at CB, despite having Laporte at LB and Stones on the bench.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2019
    Kinkys Left Foot likes this.
  5. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

A wolf in sheeps clothing maybe. ;)

6. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

They turned down the rags @ 70m the other day.

7. razman

razman

this is where maguire will have to push Leicester , as was mentioned by Tolmie a while back

8. cjn

cjn

Kind of like how Mahrez went on strike and Leicester completely ignored it? I don’t think he seems like the type anyway

9. Silva&Silva

Silva&Silva

I agree. It's wishful thinking if you reckon he's just going to seamlessly slot in as a CB. I still reckon going into the new season a CB down could potential be a mistake. It seems Pep doesn't wholly trust Stones. Otamendi can still be rash at times and I just don't see Fernandinho making the step into the CB role and instantly performing at the standards that we'd need him to.

10. Easy

Easy

Definitely eased in but I don’t see any reason why he can’t start about 10 games in all comps. The majority in the domestic cups with the odd PL start.

ctid1894 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.