Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perplexing statement from Pep.
We have the best and rich owners on the planet and to say we can't afford Maguire is untrue and bizzare unless he's implying something about FFP.
We've been lucky that their signings that could have come to us have not worked but this luck won't last forever. Maguire does strengthen them somewhat.
Surely some day we need to spend 100m

It's a language barrier thing.
Just like he responded to the ins and outs question in press conference. He just meant 1 or 2, but said a few.

Same case here, he clearly means we cannot afford to spend as much on one player who clearly is overvalued.

There will definitely come a day where we spend over 100m but it won't be on some bum like Maguire.

Decent player, would have improved our squad (though think Stones and Laporte still 1 & 2). However, we will generally refuse to compete with united's wage structure and transfer fees in a straight fight.

Would have a been a good solid signing and squad booster here but not for £85m! I wonder if we move for someone else now or stick with what we have for CB?

Would have a been a good solid signing and squad booster here but not for £85m! I wonder if we move for someone else now or stick with what we have for CB?
We need another top class CB. As yesterday proved, one injury to any of our 3 senior CB's means relying on our academy players.

Our youngsters can cope with easier PL home matches here & there at this stage of their development, but to rely heavily on them across 4 competitions for a whole season won't be good for us imo.

I reckon signing Cancelo, securing Leroy & getting a top class CB will set us up nicely for the coming season.

We need another top class CB. As yesterday proved, one injury to any of our 3 senior CB's means relying on our academy players.

Our youngsters can cope with easier PL home matches here & there at this stage of their development, but to rely heavily on them across 4 competitions for a whole season won't be good for us imo.

I reckon signing Cancelo, securing Leroy & getting a top class CB will set us up nicely for the coming season.

That would be perfect mate, let’s hope all three happen!

Who though? He would have to be homegrown... Aké? Dunk? Tarkowski? I'm not sure there's anybody who would be worth the extortionate amount they would cost at this time in the window.
Cancelo in and Sané staying would do me nicely.
We have 3 top centre-backs, plus Fernandinho and Walker who can cover there and 2 excellent young players who need experience in García and Harwood-Bellis. We can reassess in January if we still need a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.