Hart - Do we want him back or not? [Merged]

Hart's constant complaints about coming back

Hart backing Foster to replace him at Birmingham

Goalkeeper Joe Hart has backed Ben Foster to successfully fill his role at Birmingham next season if he completes a £6 million switch from Manchester United to St Andrew's.

Foster, who who has admitted he will leave Old Trafford this summer, has been tracked by a number of Premier League clubs and Hart has backed his England rival to replace him when he rejoins Manchester City.

''I think Ben will do it easily [follow me]. He is a fantastic keeper,'' told the Daily Express. ''Ben has had some harsh criticism at Manchester United this season but, if he does turn out to be the Birmingham keeper next season, he will do a good job.''

Hart wanted to remain at Birmingham on loan - where he performed so well he made it into the Premier League's Team of the Season - but accepts the final say was with Manchester City.

''I just waited for my orders, and my orders were that I went back,'' he said. ''I am contracted to Manchester City so that's where I will be. I will admit, it's sad. But it was out of my hands.

''If I could have stayed at Birmingham, I would, but it wasn't down to me. I didn't really want to leave but I was told that I have to. It's just the way football is".

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=785451&sec=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5739</a>

I have heard this too many times for it to be misquoted. How do you feel about his views on being recalled?

Re: Hart's constant complaints about coming back

He doesnt want to come back if he just have to sit on the bench, he should only be made to stay at City if Mancini wants him to be our nr 1.

Imho theresa nowt wrong with his comments.

Taken out of context, these quotes were from the Brum end of season gala, so he obviously had to be nice to them there. The context was thanking the club for the time and wishing them the best, as he is now returning.

Just wait til we get an interview with him on the OS, will be a different story.

Though, I liked Weiss' approach better, going to Bolton stating that he hopes he can do City a favour in some of the games there.

He should be on an equal footing to that of Shay Gvien at the start of next season and therefore deserves to be given as much a chance as given...the one who is the most consistent gets the No.1 jersey.....

For me, it now shouldnt go on reputations but on who is performing the best and most consistently and if that is Joe hart then he should be in the starting role

you guys should just sell him to us, we need a keeper, and we gave you adebayor and toure last season, time to return that favour

Personally i believe what he's saying ......

he did appear to enjoy himself at Birmingham , and i think he found the players and staff okay there too ....

but he's contracted to City , so like he says , he didn't really have any choice in the matter ..... and especially as Birmingham don't appear to have offered substantial hard cash , as yet , to even tempt City ......

he wants first team football , and if we want him to stay here maybe he should be offered the chance of that ...... because he's not the type of player to play 'second fiddle' ...... he's got his international career to consider.

Mmm play first team football or warm the bench for shay...its a toughey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.