Hart Hysteria

moomba said:
Said at the start of the year it felt like there is a concerted campaign to talk down Hart. He hasn't helped himself a few times, but hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people are making out.

Yep it's what the rag media do

Keys and Grey are even banging on about it

3 Golden Gloves in three seasons is all we need to know.

I have yet to find this perfect keeper who never lets a ball past him. We've got a gem in Joe, I reckon

Danielmanc said:
Keys and Grey are even banging on about it

3 Golden Gloves in three seasons is all we need to know.

I have yet to find this perfect keeper who never lets a ball past him. We've got a gem in Joe, I reckon

I heard that as well, the only talking point they could hit on was Joe, no mention of Yaya's sublime goal, or our complete dominance of the game.

Knew it was going to happen when they started banging on about him being the best in the world. Build them up to knock them down its what newspapers do

Here are the England 'keepers since Peter Shilton retired, who I would consider to be England's last truly world class goalkeeper. So out of these who's better than Joe Hart?

Chris Woods
David Seaman
Nigel Martyn
Tim Flowers
Ian Walker
David James
Richard Wright
Paul Robinson
Rob Green
Chris Kirkland
Ben Foster
Scott Carson
Joe Hart
Jack Butland
John Ruddy

In their prime I'd pick Seaman (remember the lob though?) and Tim Flowers (didn't get the opportunity that he should have IMO) ahead of Joe. Regarding selection now, Foster has had a great season and has made himself available for international selection agai. He played in the last 2 international games but bacon chops never considered him good enough for un***d and I trust his judgement. Butland is still too raw but promising for the future, so Ruddy should be his only challenger.

Of Hart, Foster & Ruddy I'd pick Hart every time.

Edit: Yeah he's not the best in the world, yet. We expect every English player to be the best in the world when we're a well organised, well disciplined team with little flair and players who do their jobs well in the system used. Don't forget, Hart & Ruddy are both only 26, there's 10 years in both of them and many years more in Butland. With no established player in his peak I think it's wise to have these 3 in the squad to plan for the future.

dctid said:
He is a top keeper easily top 20 in the world

He makes mistakes but so do all footballers so fuckin what

For me Aguero has been average at times this season but whom would not want him on the team sheet.

He was decent against Chelski had he not saved that pen i dont think we would have won

Got to take the rough with the smooth

Top 20?
Hardly a ringing endorsement

Georgian Maestro said:
dctid said:
He is a top keeper easily top 20 in the world

He makes mistakes but so do all footballers so fuckin what

For me Aguero has been average at times this season but whom would not want him on the team sheet.

He was decent against Chelski had he not saved that pen i dont think we would have won

Got to take the rough with the smooth

Top 20?
Hardly a ringing endorsement

For me he's easily Englands Number 1, and pardon the pun he's "head and shoulders" above the rest. He's the best keeper in the Premier league imo but like others have said all goalkeepers make mistakes from time to time which more often than not result in a goal. This lad will be truly world class in a few years time and he's ours. My only beef with him, is his distribution, but he can work on that in training and improve it no problem with a bit of hard graft.

i think joe would be first to agree this season hasnt been up to his usual standard,the guy has pride and wears his heart on his sleeve, but no one is perfect, everyone makes the odd mistake. even the best keepers in history have made numerous gaffs.
i have no doubt he be back to sensational best for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.