Hart to be dropped?

joe hart MUST be dropped. sh*t shay given wouldnt of allowed either of those goals, I can recall countless pks given saved last season, and that first goal, atrocious.

in other news I almost ran some daft sh*t with a license plate frame that said "man u*d #1" off the road. stupid arrogant sh*t you're in california you have nothing to brag about. ffs that pisses me off

Won't do any harm.

Plus I won't have to watch his cosy-little start of the match, at half-time & at full-time love-ins with any opposition England players for a while.

cleavers said:
Mancini needs to look at himself first, its he that keeps changing the defence EVERY game, its ridiculous, pick 4, and stick with them for a few games. I know he's had injuries to contend with but a settled defence knows waht its doing. Blaming Hart, would not be looking at the bigger picture because he has 4 different defenders every week, they may be the same names, but they swap positions even if they play 2 in a row.

Pick 4 defenders and stick with it, no matter the competition.

Good point clevers. I think a lot of people aren't completely slating Joe, but with a tint of frustration after the game they are outlining the areas he can improve in.

When i watched Birmingham and the England friendlies etc that Joe played in last season, he looked a fantastic distributor of the ball, especially his kicking. I put him up there in the top 2/3 keepers in the country from distribution of the ball.

But recently (past 8-10 games), the ball seems to go all over the place with him. It's not great when the ball goes out 2/3 times a game as it kills momentum and throws the onus back to the opposition.

Not really noticed about his command of the box and if this has altered. Sets us up well enough for free kicks and nearly broke the post in one game alerting the wall to where he wanted it positioned. Corners really isn't his fault, Wolves won virtually every header from a corner at home and this is why i feel Mancini needs to look at the defence. As you say, stick with the same back four, add stability, a perfectly good option.

He's a great lad, he can be our future, but i just hope he doesn't fall into an overconfidence trap or doesn't concentrate on the areas he can improve him on the training pitch.

LoveCity said:
Mancini in his post-match fury has apparently said he may be dropping Hart for Given, looks like he has had enough of Joe's poor form lately.

Also accused the team of sleeping and was generally furious.

I think it will be fair to post exactly what Mancini said, video or quotes, so we can interpret on our own what he meant.

Short memories from alot on here..Given was at fault for Rooney's Last min goal at the swamp in the CC semi, as for the Scholes goals at coms. Given is a great shot stopper but was really on the wane until he got injured against Arsenal.

Joe has saved us at least 10 points this season and lost us 4 max

People calling for his head need to give their head a good shake.

No goals tonight were his fault...FACT

Chid said:
Short memories from alot on here..Given was at fault for Rooney's Last min goal at the swamp in the CC semi, as for the Scholes goals at coms. Given is a great shot stopper but was really on the wane until he got injured against Arsenal.

Joe has saved us at least 10 points this season and lost us 4 max

People calling for his head need to give their head a good shake.

No goals tonight were his fault...FACT

should have saved the first.

If Hart is too inconsistant and Given isn't good enough then we need a keeper.

Wouldn't swap our two for anyone.
We have by far the best young keeper in the league in Joe and by far the best backup in Shay.All players lose form now and again-it happens.

But I think Joe should be rested for a few games.He's not looked as secure in the last few games,but neither have the rest of the back four.A rest would do him good-that's why we have a squad.

This is a loose loose situation where nobody is happy.
We either stick with Hart who is in poor form,
or
We put in Given, who is an excellent keeper and would be my first choice anyway, but has gotten a handfull of games and will be rusty which could lead to problems for us.
IF Mancini had given these lads as equal amount of games as possible we wouldn't really be in this situation.
But he forced Given to stay so he'd want to start playing him, be it in the Cup or whatever, but he is stone cold if we put him in now, and there's the problem, because while Hart hasn't got much if any grief off City fans, Given will and City fans wont be short to criticise.

Like I said, this is a loose, loose situation which could have been avoided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.