Has anyone on here played professionally?

Gary Buckley who played for City around 79/80 was in the year below me at school, only played school yard games against him but even then he stood out above the rest. He used to play in a two man midfield for the school team and people reckoned that the other lad had a better chance of turning professional but it didn't happen for him

I went to school with a lad that ended up playing 6 years for Oldham, went to Luton and ended up getting signed by Keegan for Newcastle where he got injured.

I was paid as a goalkeeper in Spain.........

.........saving penalties on a fairground in Majorca during the summer of 1973.
Score a goal win a prize, what a blast that summer was.

I went to school with a lad that ended up playing 6 years for Oldham, went to Luton and ended up getting signed by Keegan for Newcastle where he got injured.

I’m guessing that’s Darren McDonagh from the teams you’ve listed and that he was born in Manchester. This from my hazy memory of my 90’s sticker albums.

So,........its still a no then ?

;-)

I went to Primary School with the son of Mick(?) Hill whose dad played for Sheffield United in the top flight. He worked as a cabbie so players weren’t paid silly money back then.

Darren Blewitt and Rhys Burke have been on West Ham’s books and are from the area I call home.

It happens!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.