Has anyone on here played professionally?

Went back to college in my early 20's and tried out for Uni team (Huddersfield) said I would play full back cos anyone can play there. There was a big black lad on the wing against me, thought I'd let him know I was around the first time he got the ball, before I knew it the ball was through my legs, whre'd he go I thought.
Next time same thing.
After the game. I'd been slaughtered, I heard the lad asking the coach if he knew any semi pro teams he could get on with for spare cash as he'd just been released from Arsenal and had decided to go to Uni instead.
..ck me I thought -if he's been released, who have they kept!

The dad of Rhys Burke used to drink in my local pub in East London. His son was in the West Ham squad for a few seasons.

No, never got near. A mate who used to play with at school was approached by Liverpool and signed for their academy (must have been around 9 or 10 at the time). He was about 100 levels above all of us, and he was so dedicated to it. The highest level he reached was playing for Stalybridge Celtic I think. Just shows how much talent the ones at the top level really are. Back when we were kids, he was Ronaldo/Messi level compared to everyone else
But is it really true? Look at players like Milner, Henderson, Konchesky etc. So what you're saying is that Milner would have been 5000 levels above all of you in your school. And Milner is bang bang average.

But is it really true? Look at players like Milner, Henderson, Konchesky etc. So what you're saying is that Milner would have been 5000 levels above all of you in your school. And Milner is bang bang average.

All those players you have mentioned have played at the highest level in their sport, there is no way they are average. I used to think I was ok at football, but when you see people you know dedicated their lives to it and millions of miles better than you and not get anywhere near the top, then these top level players are all something special, even if we call them shit etc from time to time

I once reffed Steven N'Zonzi for Blackburn U23s. He was coming back from injury and only played 45 mins. They were only playing Sunderland but you would not believe how much better he was than any other player on the pitch.

I once reffed Steven N'Zonzi for Blackburn U23s. He was coming back from injury and only played 45 mins. They were only playing Sunderland but you would not believe how much better he was than any other player on the pitch.

I saw both Jan Molby and Bruno N’Gotty play at Hereford’s Edgar Street and they were the best players on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.