Has anyone on here played professionally?

Was at oldham athletic til I was 16, had trials for Crewe, Bolton, Blackburn, Bury, Norwich but wasn't good enough, i think I only got on at oldham as my cousin played for the first team at the time. Played for the greater Manchester county team alongside David flitcroft, ian Hughes, adie mike, John foster, the family man, Steve finney and Lee Anderson who all went on and had good careers in pro football.
Got a lot of memories from back then that will stay with me forever and had the chance to play on lots of football grounds like Kenilworth road, the Dell, burnden park, deepdale, gresty road, boundary park, gigg lane, spotland and last but not least Maine Road.

shit footballer but also a semi-pro ref (not quite as high as @richardtheref)

biggest game i was involved in was also a vase game, south shields v morpeth which ended up being abandoned due to floodlight failure, julio arca got sent off!mad game

I have reffed South Shields a few times when Arca was playing. Despite having no pace at all he always seemed to be in 10 yards of space. He had an awful attitude and I think i cautioned him every game.

Does vocal support from the stands help spur you on?

I met Nicky Summerbee doing some fanzone work for a web channel but never asked him. Like others, I’ve spent a stupid amount of money watching football and it’d nice to know how the pros perceive us.

I’ve never been particularly interested to meet Aguero or Silva.
Must say I was shitting it on my debut even though there was only a few hundred but it was such a buzz and yes it does spur you on it also had the opposite effect when things weren't going well

Must say I was shitting it on my debut even though there was only a few hundred but it was such a buzz and yes it does spur you on it also had the opposite effect when things weren't going well

That’s good to know. Moron fans jeering players after a hopeless defeat are hardly going to help matters.

I was alright just didn't have the drive like Trevor and yeah our kid did alright for himself.
You always used to put these mean crosses in when we played on mersey :)

haha better than KDB

loved playing the footy back then we all had our little bits of magic. also loved the summers and the golf on mersey drive field hahaha the school windows would take a right bashing hahahah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.