Has anyone on here played professionally?

How many academy kids go on to make a career at the top levels of the game (PL/Championship)? 1 in 100? 1 in 200?
I think it’s probably less than that mate, although probably depends on age group as the academy set up gets smaller the older you get.
I remember when my sons were in Leicester tigers academy they were told 1:100 and rugby academies a lot smaller

@billybluehat doesn't post much now, but used to play for Chadderton. He scored a free kick against FC United back in the day and ripped off his shirt to reveal a City shirt underneath (after about 45 seconds on the video below). Good lad.

I remember playing chadderton in a cup game for curzon 2’s in ‘85 as a 17year old. Intimidation Was beyond belief, remember the changing rooms lock and the chadderton players looking to kick off with us. Our striker, a first tram player coming back from injurY, had his jaw broken with a punch from cb

I never played professionally however I played for city’s academy up until the age of 16 where I was released and not offered a contract!

I was offered a contract at Blackburn and Everton but decided to give up on a football career and join the army

Not professionally but was in a centre midfield 3 of myself ...wes brown and Richie Wellens in my teenage years (1 season at mcr boys)

The year after trials were held in didsbury and my parents didn’t drive .... after a mix up with my p.e teacher (transport) I never got the chance again

Wes was a 6 foot black kid with ginger hair at the age of 13 !!! He stood out a mile

interesting, so you played next to me??? Wes, Leon Mills, Warren Sexton et al

also Wes only played half a season at Mcr boy, he was in my team at Fletcher Moss, then move on to Lilleshall

interesting, so you played next to me??? Wes, Leon Mills, Warren Sexton et al

also Wes only played half a season at Mcr boy, he was in my team at Fletcher Moss, then move on to Lilleshall
I did ?? Leon mills was a monster and stood out a mile !!! Wonder what happened to him ...
Alan griffin skipper ...Gareth Davies upfront

I never played professionally however I played for city’s academy up until the age of 16 where I was released and not offered a contract!

I was offered a contract at Blackburn and Everton but decided to give up on a football career and join the army

Anyone you played with at city make it?

I did ?? Leon mills was a monster and stood out a mile !!! Wonder what happened to him ...
Alan griffin skipper ...Gareth Davies upfront

i was at Wigan with Leon, supremely gifted athlete, football, Manchester giants for basketball and Lancashire for cricket, talk about wasted talent.... he went into security with a few footballers having failed to make a career in any of those disciplines, he’d rather of been a gangster or perceived one.... I see him out and about now and again and we become stereotypical cliches of ‘what might have been’ (:

the best of that bunch was warren, I still play 5 a side with him each week, still head and shoulders above everyone, also had a respectable career in the lower leagues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.