Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Noticed my asthma has kicked in now it's getting colder.
But the heasters in the flat are electric wall heaters which exacerbate my asthma too (as does having damp clothes drying on furniture).

I haven't put mine on yet, but there will be times when I absolutely need too.
Work sent everyone one of those electric throws so I'll be using that a fair bit over winter I reckon.

In saying all that, I'm out most nights in shorts and t shirts when running and maintain cold showers every morning.

This flat seems naturally cold (conversely a sweat box in the summer).

I have a large crawl space under half my place which means the place is really hot in the summer as it traps the hot air but then it traps the cold air in the winter so it is always freezing indoors and warmer outside, nothing can be done so lots of rugs on top of carpet , my bedroom is freezing but i want to be on the back garden side of the place and i live in this one room for comfort reasons

Just a point on central heating.
What's the point in switching it off? If temperature is low it kicks in, if temperature high it never kicks in. Leave it on all year round then any seasonal anomalies will protect your personal space.

I might do tomorrow morning for a bit , just heat this one room for an hour , what has it come to ffs

Live in one room if you can. If you have a comfortable settee you can sleep on that, if not buy an air mattress or similar. Keep this one room warm. I bought an Oodie and they're very warm with a hood too. As you rightly say it's ridiculous in one of the richest countries in the world it's citizens are living like this.

Think a few are enjoying the challenge and harping on about it rather than paying a couple quid for heating

Think a few are enjoying the challenge and harping on about it rather than paying a couple quid for heating

I doubt anyone is enjoying worrying about putting their heating on you melt, it's a challenge nobody wants or needs. Prices have doubled just for hearing alone. Every single food item has also increased by at least 30p and people's rents and mortgages have also risen. So it's not just a couple of fucking quid for putting the heating on is it?

I doubt anyone is enjoying worrying about putting their heating on you melt, it's a challenge nobody wants or needs. Prices have doubled just for hearing alone. Every single food item has also increased by at least 30p and people's rents and mortgages have also risen. So it's not just a couple of fucking quid for putting the heating on is it?
It’s also warmer down south, although they moan about the cold more.

Just a point on central heating.
What's the point in switching it off? If temperature is low it kicks in, if temperature high it never kicks in. Leave it on all year round then any seasonal anomalies will protect your personal space.
Who the fuck wants the c/h on at 2am?

Anyway I’m not joining this wankfest of seeing who can stand the lowest temperature.
My heating is on now and will stay on until an hour before I go to bed. If it’s cold when I’m in and awake it goes on.

Last edited:
Who the fuck wants the c/h on at 2am?

Anyway I’m not joking this wankfest of seeing who can stand the lowest temperature.
My heating is on now and will stay on until an hour before I go to bed. If it’s cold when I’m in and awake it goes on.
Certainly we have to look at aspects of heating and because my tarrif for electricity gives best value around 2am to 6am I have timer on my immersion heater to allow temperature catchup only at that time.
I remember my mum visited us for Xmas period one year and she turned of her CH with frozen pipes resulting causing massive plaster damage on flooding so a minimum frost protect is always advisable as temperature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.