Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Think a few are enjoying the challenge and harping on about it rather than paying a couple quid for heating

a couple of quid? I have my thermostat set to 16'c which is way lower than usual and it cost me £4 before I even got down stairs this morning.

we're hitting £7/8 a day at the moment and thats while trying to conserve. when it gets proper cold out we'll be topping £15 a day easy.

Our deal ran out just as the prices sky rocketed so we're on a standard variable rate.

a couple of quid? I have my thermostat set to 16'c which is way lower than usual and it cost me £4 before I even got down stairs this morning.

we're hitting £7/8 a day at the moment and thats while trying to conserve. when it gets proper cold out we'll be topping £15 a day easy.

Our deal ran out just as the prices sky rocketed so we're on a standard variable rate.
We’ve turned ours down to 8 degrees and put it on manually when we want heat. Having it on overnight is pouring money down the drain.

I doubt anyone is enjoying worrying about putting their heating on you melt, it's a challenge nobody wants or needs. Prices have doubled just for hearing alone. Every single food item has also increased by at least 30p and people's rents and mortgages have also risen. So it's not just a couple of fucking quid for putting the heating on is it?
In lanzarote 25 degrees today no heating neede here:)

Certainly we have to look at aspects of heating and because my tarrif for electricity gives best value around 2am to 6am I have timer on my immersion heater to allow temperature catchup only at that time.
I remember my mum visited us for Xmas period one year and she turned of her CH with frozen pipes resulting causing massive plaster damage on flooding so a minimum frost protect is always advisable as temperature.

Frozen pipes is something to be very careful of. This occurs when temperatures go below freezing then on rising again pipes can burst.

We’ve turned ours down to 8 degrees and put it on manually when we want heat. Having it on overnight is pouring money down the drain.

Currently its working out cheaper to just top it up over night than have a bigger blast in the morning to take it from 13/14'c upto 16.

16's about as low as we want to take it, we both work from home most of the time so need functioning fingers :)

Im thinking of taking it down to <14 over night and have the hive to kick in for 2/3 15 min bursts in the morning to bring the temp up. a few small but hot bursts should bring the ambient temp up enough.

Frozen pipes is something to be very careful of. This occurs when temperatures go below freezing then on rising again pipes can burst.
Exactly what happened, insurance claim with de hydration blower heaters for a few weeks totally uninhabitable.
Eventually it was repaired but absolute nightmare.

Exactly what happened, insurance claim with de hydration blower heaters for a few weeks totally uninhabitable.
Eventually it was repaired but absolute nightmare.

It happened to me when I worked away in that exceptionally cold winter of 1995. I was away on the ship for a week and had rushed out without turning the water off. It was below freezing on the Wednesday and on Sunday there was a sudden thaw. I had an awful feeling something was wrong and on the news it was saying there had been a record number of bursts and floods. I got home to a burst in the loft, three ceilings down, house flooded and water still pouring out everywhere. Over 17 grand insurance claim and I was out of the house for three months until the damage was fixed.

I doubt anyone is enjoying worrying about putting their heating on you melt, it's a challenge nobody wants or needs. Prices have doubled just for hearing alone. Every single food item has also increased by at least 30p and people's rents and mortgages have also risen. So it's not just a couple of fucking quid for putting the heating on is it?

Fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.