Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

All you have to remember is any flueless fuel burning appliance puts its waste products direct into room it's in. Over 101 parts per million of carbon monoxide and you're in trouble it's odourless and invisible, my advice would be don't go to sleep in there and open a window slightly.
I dont sleep in there, I have a window cracked and a monitor in there

Have just put my heating on for an hour and it cost £1. Does that sound about what everyone else is paying?
Probably about right as you are heating every radiator up,it should then work out cheaper for the next hour/s as you are only maintaining the temperature.
That is more cost effective than turning it on and off.

Probably about right as you are heating every radiator up,it should then work out cheaper for the next hour/s as you are only maintaining the temperature.
That is more cost effective than turning it on and off.
I have only been putting it on for 1 hour in morning and 1 hour at night. Next time it gets really cold will leave it on for 2 hours, making note of how much each hour costs. Will be interesting to see if the 2nd hour is cheaper.

I have only been putting it on for 1 hour in morning and 1 hour at night. Next time it gets really cold will leave it on for 2 hours, making note of how much each hour costs. Will be interesting to see if the 2nd hour is cheaper.
As a senior citizen I shouldn’t have to suffer through the cold winter months wrapped in a blanket whilst sat at home…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.