Has club football killed international football ?

I actually think it’s the amount of international football that’s killed international football and that’s why international teams look shit, because players are fucked from the amount of football and travelling they have to do when on international duty. It should be Euros, World Cup and the odd friendly prior to these tournaments Fuck this nations league bollocks off and the amount of meaningless fucking friendlies that are played.

Oh and Southgate is wank.

More international teams are getting boo's when not playing great.

This got me thinking do to many fans expect the national team to be as good as their club team ?

England will never be as good as say the top 4 in England. I would guess the same with other top international teams.

These top top players are playing way to many games per year now, it's going to affect them. The 'small' countries will naturally play these games so it sort of evens out the games.

Take Belgium KDB has Haaland up top at Belgium he has that lump Lukaku.

I watch England and sometimes I stay awake the whole 90 minutes but in my mind I'm watching a lower standard of football than the first two leagues in England. In my mind it's like going to watch margate fc but without the show ponies like bellend.

With to much football national team fans need to lower their expectations
The Euros have been pretty crap so far, possibly the most boring tournament I can remember. The quality of football has been poor from most teams with Scotland and England particularly bad. International football in general is pretty shite compared to club football.

I’ve seen pretty much every game in the Euros and I’ve barely seen an empty seat at any of them. The fan parks have looked packed whenever they’ve shown clips of them, with fans who can’t get tickets.

Just about every country seems to have brought tens of thousands of fans with them.

So I’d say all the evidence suggests, no, interest in international football isn’t dead.

The Euros have been pretty crap so far, possibly the most boring tournament I can remember. The quality of football has been poor from most teams with Scotland and England particularly bad. International football in general is pretty shite compared to club football.
That's because of the ridiculous format though. Most top 3 teams going through rewards playing safe.

We're also in a situation with Southgate where we've been rewarded for playing safe. We got through to the semis in 2018 by relying in large part on set pieces and penalties. And Southgate even said that was a deliberate strategy, because they ran the numbers and realised that a far greater percentage of goals in major tournaments are scored like this compared to regular club football. Then the last Euros final was between two organized but unspectacular teams. Obviously it didn't work out in the World Cup, mainly because we played France, who also play a boring brand of football for such a talented team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.