Has club football killed international football ?

I've only skirted with games that have a FArce imprint but I get the impression that FArce, Uefa and FIFA and not really shelled out mega-bucks, but I think that having paid for hotels, food 'n tickets fans, particularly those supporting England might well feel that are not getting a fraction of the value that it's cost them, and they have a right to voice that opinion as they see fit.

Maybe i've just hit that age where we turn into miserable sods.
Whilst i've enjoyed watching some of the games, the level of cheating, diving and histrionics has been dreadful, just kills any enjoyment for me.

I’d feel more love for the FA England team if they were charged with Inflating sponsorship deals to make extra cash used for improving grass roots football across the country

Yep!
In the late 60's up until the 1990's these tournaments were loved as a theatre of constant live football for 2-3 weeks. Remember before that we never had live football.

Add to this we were starved of foreign talent. We were transfixed by new strips, colours, and players we had not come across before. I cite the the game between Italy and Brazil in the 1982 which eliminated probably the second best ever Brazil side to grace this earth.....and immense game thet made our 1st division premier league games, played in dilapidated stadia under grey rainy skies on muddy fields somewhat alien.

Yet we continued with the Charles hughes model of long ball tuition, in terms of our approach to international football.

Now we have all things denied back then in the EPL, many of us are blase about international football. But yet again, we have redacted into the "little Englander" mentality of having the best league in the world.

Yesterday I witnessed a whole country in tears as their nation beat Portugal and progressed to the last 16. The Turks are currently apoltetic and many other nations also.

Many "i only care about City" sound like rag fans of the 90's. They are just as wrong as they were.

Club football will never kill international football......only in the eyes of the city, utd and Liverpool fans who are club only! The rest of the world thinl otherwise!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.