Has club football killed international football ?

I think it has certainly affected it, far more bothered about City and the 'week in, week out' entertainment. Also think a bit of the mystique has gone as we already know many of the players from several of the teams due to the Prem, Champs League etc. It's also noticeable that the majority of the stalwart England fans seem to be made up of EFL and non-league clubs whereas the likes of City enjoy regular top quality football

I should imagine that if you're in Tbilisi today, you'll find a hell of a lot of people care about international football.

I think the experience means different things to different people. If you support a top European club from a top European league then you're quite likely to not have the enthusiasm you once did.

I can no longer put club loyalties to one side. The incessant nature of modern football - through broadcasting saturation to social media fans - has me at the point where I not only don't care about England but actually don't want them to do well. Why? Because many of the fans are the wankers who bang the drum about 115, and they're cheered on by the same media that is game for smearing City and City fans at every available opportunity. They couldn't wait to scapegoat Foden after the first fucking game against Serbia. If England crash out, he's getting booed by opposition fans in August and September.

This past year, the entire English football establishment has gone in so hard on City that I just can't forget about it for a month.

Too many meaningless games, players playing for countries out of convenience, Boyle, Dykes or Guerrero just to play for a country despite no real affinity does dilute it. I also think it’s hard for us to put club allegiance aside when it comes to the national side.

Too many meaningless games, players playing for countries out of convenience, Boyle, Dykes or Guerrero just to play for a country despite no real affinity does dilute it. I also think it’s hard for us to put club allegiance aside when it comes to the national side.

That's a big one really and it's going to get worse.

I think that 40 years ago the individual leagues in each country were made up by players predominantly from that country, so to play for your national team was deemed a step up as you thought you were not only representing your country but also your league.
Nowadays with the global movement of players in every league international football is seen as a distraction by players and supporters alike.

i believe, too many immigrant players changed the style of plays of top football countries.

underdogs like eastern europeans which have less immigrant players are still fun to watch. Football of those teams are deficient, but deficiencies creates the spirit, you may see the sprit of those countries there. those deficiencies are fun to watch.

so, is it related with the topic ''club football killed international football''... probably, top european clubs targeted immigrant players from their youth since decades...then top european national teams started to use them in the national teams.

''everything should have a balance'' like master yoda and miyagi quoted...

i hope some of you dont find that post racist..i am a very left wing Turk :))

Too much football and getting worse, must be hard to motivate yourself for the increasing number of internationals when you have played 50-60 domestic and European games and there must be a temptation to slacken off. The greed of Fifa and Uefa is extraordinary and the new Premier League rules make it harder for clubs to keep enough first team squad players fit.

I think that 40 years ago the individual leagues in each country were made up by players predominantly from that country, so to play for your national team was deemed a step up as you thought you were not only representing your country but also your league.
Nowadays with the global movement of players in every league international football is seen as a distraction by players and supporters alike.
we wrote the same thing at the same instant.. cheers

International tournaments are great for business so I’m all for them regardless of the lack of quality from the majority of teams.
The acid test comes when England are playing friendlies/meaningless qualifiers etc and I have to say over the last 15 years there’s been a big drop off from punters who can be arsed watching them in bars.

Club players train together all the time, they are used to someone being in a certain place when things happen. At international level that is not happening, England do not play a style of football so nobody really knows where other players are. That is probably why we tend to do slightly better as we go deeper. Unfortunately that is not saying much as even then our manager doesn't really have a style of play and the players tend to 'wing it'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.