Has ebay lost its way?

I've been a member of ebay for over 20 years. There was a time when it was a genuine auction, it was a bit of fun and there were some real bargains to be had. Nowadays, there seem to be too many chancers selling the same items as amazon but the SP is much more, people selling home-made tat (photos downloaded from the internet, old programmes and football magazines) but this is taking the mick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17575608...uid=SZjZxZOjT6G&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I emailed him to ask if it was a joke but he got the hump and reported me to ebay. I'm waiting for a knock on the door from the ebay police as I type this!
He's clearly a chancer, no certificate of authentication with the carrier bag is a big red flag, and looking at the rest of his gear that fairy liquid bottle has clearly been washed so is not worth a fraction of what his reserve price is

Loads of chancers, this is something simplistic but still a piss take all the same, as it's false advertising.

The Mrs bought some Fairy Platinum Plus dishwasher tablets off some ****, advertised at 100 tablet pack at X amount, anyway things turn up and it was 2 x packs of 42, so just bullshit, she messaged them, no response, so bad feedback given, not that they will give two fucks about that really.

Jokers

Had some bad experiences with eBay recently. Sold some items and put them in the same box because the buyer won all four bids for the four items. I used the recommended delivery service (Evri). Evri “lost” the parcel at their depot and the buyer never received his items. It was basically impossible to contact Evri (their customer service is shit) and all eBay could do was refund me for one item a grand total of £25. I was owed over £130. I partly blame myself for not having the correct insurance but Evri lost the parcel and I lost money. I don’t mind buying on eBay but I’m not sure I could sell with them again.

Had some bad experiences with eBay recently. Sold some items and put them in the same box because the buyer won all four bids for the four items. I used the recommended delivery service (Evri). Evri “lost” the parcel at their depot and the buyer never received his items. It was basically impossible to contact Evri (their customer service is shit) and all eBay could do was refund me for one item a grand total of £25. I was owed over £130. I partly blame myself for not having the correct insurance but Evri lost the parcel and I lost money. I don’t mind buying on eBay but I’m not sure I could sell with them again.

That really annoys me when the post or a courier charges you more to insure the item you are sending with them. Hang on, aren't I paying you to deliver my item anyway so why should I pay more to ensure you do your job properly.

Can you image a garage saying to a customer, that'll be £100 for an oil change or £150 to make sure we actually put the oil in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.