Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

I know the producers of MOTD were stuck between a rock and a hard place but you’d think they’d have tried something innovative to try and save face.

Ears, Shearer and Wright will have been watching that last night thinking ‘they need us!
That's the problem! They think they are needed; we know they are not! I will turn up to the Leipzig game on Tuesday and not fret one jot at kick off when I can't hear some arse rabbiting on about the guy who MANUre were gonna buy and who had a trial at Wigan, and who's Dad was a lifelong Arsenal fan!

My old fella has never used YouTube in his life & watches TV & told me he enjoyed it.

Before you jump to conclusions he didn’t vote for brexit, he’s pro immigration but was born in 1940 & can tell the difference between a snide Tory **** & the most murderous evil rhetoric of the 20th century.
It started in Germany with dehumanising language, which was Lineker’s actual point, but even if you don’t agree with Lineker’s point surely he had a right to make it and doesn’t deserve suspending for it?

Just seen it. Very funny and feels like they threw their toys out the pram with the presentation of it.

What was the reason for:

- Not playing the theme song?
- Not showing team lineups and formations?
- Not having commentary in the games? (I'm sure they could've used some of the official Premier League commentary used on the international feed if they'd asked nicely)
- Not showing stats such as shots on target, possession, corners etc at the end?
Judging from the BBC football website, since the fellow presenters pulled out in support, I’d say a similar refusal (or other reason) to work has occurred.

The live feed had no names at the top of it,(usually 2-3) and the amount of text output seemed less.
There have been no,AFAIK, ‘Have your say’s on any match this weekend.
Many other pieces seem to be lacking a writers name.

I’d say there’s been a lot of backroom support of Lineker’s stance and then the management response, and it’s being manifested with a lack of detail/trimmings with the football output - there seemed to be an awful lot of detail on the England rugby splatting in comparison.

Get a couple of posters from the match day thread doing the commentary.

Great idea...

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.