Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Sorry but his comments were bang on - IMHO. The language being used by this government with regards to this particular issue ISN'T dissimilar to the language that was being used in 1930s Germany. No-one is suggesting that the government is going to end up killing millions of innocent people like the Nazis did but at the very least the language they're using is going to fire up the more extremist elements of our country and probably rope a fair few others in on top of that. I'm just surprised that Sunak signed off on it but he's clearly pandering to the far-right in his own party.

MOTD needs a reshuffle, been stagnant for years.

Be able to do that with or without Lineker and co.
Get rid of these so called pundits with their agenda driven drivel. I've watched and played enough football like all of us to make my own mind up about the highlights we see. Much better getting a balanced when watching live of course. But getting rid of these ermm pundits and commentators is a step foreward, watch the game and not follow a pre ordained narrative

All these pages of people taking sides due to their political leanings is exactly why he should not have expressed his opinion on this matter...

Thought this was supposed to be about motd and the other thread was the political one!

I’d argue that does seem to be advocating dumbing down though.

BBC bosses action of Friday has humiliated BBC bosses by Monday - its also torched BBC sports coverage - it was always going to end this way when Sunak rather than backing them ran away at a rate on knots having realised it was a dogs dinner of an idea and he needed to keep number 10 as far away as possible

We might mock MOTD but for a lot of older people who don't stream or can't afford sky it's their only means of watching the football. Shame on the BBC for fucking that up for them, even if it's only for one weekend
Making it better, the bollocks we have to put up with on there is unreal. Apparently Newcastle were better than us last week! They are a bunch of jokers, get rid and just keepnto showingbthe highlights

Sorry but his comments were bang on - IMHO. The language being used by this government with regards to this particular issue ISN'T dissimilar to the language that was being used in 1930s Germany. No-one is suggesting that the government is going to end up killing millions of innocent people like the Nazis did but at the very least the language they're using is going to fire up the more extremist elements of our country and probably rope a fair few others in on top of that. I'm just surprised that Sunak signed off on it but he's clearly pandering to the far-right in his own party.
Well you're entitle to your opinion of course and in the lefty echo-chamber that is Bluemoon, the usual posters (you can just name them already) doubtless will agree. But it was IMO a crass and deeply inappropriate comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.