Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Load of horse shit. BBC are changing/warping the rules due to current serving MP pressure being applied, Nazism all over this.
Well your opinion is certainly in a minority it seems, despite perhaps not so on our left-leaning forum.

There's countless polls on the subject, but rather than risk your potential claim that the polls are biased, here's one from the Leicester Mercury, Leicester not being particularly renowned for its right wing bias and being his home town you'd imagine he'd get plenty of support. Other polls in e.g. the Daily Express are less forgiving still.

1678695902866.png

The other comment I would make is that I am surprised the BBC are behaving as if this is some kind of difficult decision. Just get him sacked and move on. I wonder how many people watch MOTM just to hear their overpaid host say "What do you think, Alan". I imagine the show would cope without him.

Last edited:
It averages around 2m viewers a week. This week, without all the so called pundits etc it had 2.5m viewers

Doesn’t really mean much, it got the same amount of viewers for an episode this season.

If it kept the same format for a few weeks and was still averaging that high then that would be a more valid point.

Seen quite a few of the older, miserable sort across the internet pretending the show was better last night.

Why the fuck would anyone wait around until 22:30 to watch some brief highlights? They're on YouTube about 15 mins after full time.

In fact, why are you staying up until then to watch MOTD any other week if you find the presenters so insufferable?
Provides a reason to carry on

This interview by BBC News of Tim Davie:

tells me all I need to know about this situation. Davie and the other Tory backers at the BBC need to go, Lineker should then be allowed to decide if he wants to continue or not then the Conservative Party need to be held accountable for their efforts to undermine and influence the public sector broadcaster. Any Tory that subsequently comes electioneering to my front door will get a grilling on this issue, hopefully the voting public will see sense and kick them out of government.

Quite a grilling list for them really I would have thought.
Malevolent influence of the BBC
stop the small boats at all costs
stop the Unions
trash the economy
handling of the pandemic
pollute 100% of our rivers
trash the Union
Brexit (quite a small topic really)
partygate
lying and corruption in general with a few specifics thrown in
procurement of PPE from their pals
trashing the NHS
trashing the Education system
Grenfell/Cladding
Withdrawal from Afghanistan (leaving friends behind)
trashing the prison service
levelling up
The Northern Powerhouse
HS2
Increase in Child Poverty
Hostile environment
Windrush
Downing Street Renovations
Rees-Mogg, Cummings, Hancock, Shaps, Dorris, Braverman, Truss, Johnson........and the things they have said
I'm sure there are a lot more as I have just got started.

The Government know this. They know the bill will be shot down in the lords and the courts.

They get to the do their culture war of British patriots against the illegals on the right v the traitors and deep state on the left.

Essentially they want to re-run the Brexit type arguments in the General Election.

Idiots will fall for it.

As evidenced by our resident idiots on this forum.

Well your opinion is certainly in a minority it seems, despite perhaps not so on our left-leaning forum.

There's countless polls on the subject, but rather than risk your potential claim that the polls are biased, here's one from the Leicester Mercury, Leicester not being particularly renowned for its right wing bias and being his home town you'd imagine he'd get plenty of support. Other polls in e.g. the Daily Express are less forgiving still.

View attachment 71932

The other comment I would make is that I am surprised the BBC are behaving as if this is some kind of difficult decision. Just get him sacked and move on. I wonder how many people watch MOTM just to hear their overpaid host say "What do you think, Alan". I imagine the show would cope without him.

Think that’s for the other thread but the Yougov polls have it very clearly the other way and yes, the Leicester Mercury is absolutely right wing when it comes to its contributors on the comments section!

I highly doubt they’ll sack him, that’ll open an even bigger can of worms. It’s not really a left or right wing position either way though (or at least it shouldn’t be). That a lot of people will be judging it as such is part of the issue.

Think that’s for the other thread but the Yougov polls have it very clearly the other way and yes, the Leicester Mercury is absolutely right wing when it comes to its contributors on the comments section!

I highly doubt they’ll sack him, that’ll open an even bigger can of worms. It’s not really a left or right wing position either way though (or at least it shouldn’t be). That a lot of people will be judging it as such is part of the issue.

I think they misjudged the public mood on this massively, and it’s been pretty reassuring to see. For all the faults with this country, I like to think that there is still an empathy and decency amongst a lot of the population. It’s another hugely damaging episode for the BBC and government though. They’ve handled this abysmally.

I expect the government will manage to put all the blame at the BBC's door though and then use the situation as another reason to privatise the BBC and sell everything off to their mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.