Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

What the statements on both sides there tell you, is that this had nothing to do with GL being 'offensive' by 'minimising the holocaust' but purely about having the right to criticise a government policy and how that may be seen to reflect on the BBC. Particularly by the party in question.

It also shows the only people that saw this as a BBC driven criticism are the Tory party, who started the vendetta the BBC then took up. They and their cheerleaders are also incidentally the only ones trivialising the holocaust here, by latching onto it for shock value to score political points.

Glad it is coming to a close, but the BBC need to follow through a bit more. And the government policy and language shouldn't get forgotten about here either.

This simple point appears to have escaped thousands - including certain contributors to this thread

It hasn't 'escaped' anyone. Nobody is actually that thick. It is calculated manipulation to distract and cause outrage.

Maybe they should start up a Fantasy Presenter and Pundits football league ? Make Lineker captain this week I think although Dion Dublin should definitely be benched as he only works for the BBC as Shearer and Wright will be back across all media outlets to take up the two other attacking positions.

Quite a lot of virtue signalling snowflakes in this thread who seem to want Lineker to be yet another victim of cancel culture.
Been saying for a while that the bigger snowflakes appear to be on the right these days. I'm not saying there aren't any on the left but the right are doing a cracking job of topping them. And just to clarify, before anyone lobs any accusations at me, I don't identify as a "lefty". My political compass is slightly left of centre and I have a mix of views - some left, some centrist, and some right.

Sharp Gibb and Davie still under the microscope though - their bid to help their Tory masters has backfired massively

Murky waters in trying to explain their decision to reinstate Gary. I’m now wondering whose decision it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.