Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

I think Lineker is perfectly entitled to express his opinions - whatever they are - and I‘m hugely against ”cancellation” of anyone or groupthink by coercion. But the BBC has to walk a tightrope of impartiality (apart from football !) because of its unique cultural position. Gary knew what he doing and that he was putting the BBC in an impossible position.
It matters not that he was “freelance”, if I employed an expensive leading consultant on a project who was then briefing against or publicly criticising it he’d be off the job in an instant. Words have consequences.
By Invoking Nazi Germany in his original statement and then gleefully doubling down in the following days, left the BBC little choice in the matter: it was a direct challenge - him basically squaring up to them.
I think there’s no way back for him but he’s a very wealthy man so no problem, but I’m sure the BBC will find a way over the coming week to move forward with putting shit punditry back on our screens.
Their news presenters share vitriolic opinions on social media all the time. He isn’t bound by impartiality as a sports presenter, it already stated that in guidelines before the recent investigation into guidelines, yet the way they implement them is backwards

I think Lineker is perfectly entitled to express his opinions - whatever they are - and I‘m hugely against ”cancellation” of anyone or groupthink by coercion. But the BBC has to walk a tightrope of impartiality (apart from football !) because of its unique cultural position. Gary knew what he doing and that he was putting the BBC in an impossible position.
It matters not that he was “freelance”, if I employed an expensive leading consultant on a project who was then briefing against or publicly criticising it he’d be off the job in an instant. Words have consequences.
By Invoking Nazi Germany in his original statement and then gleefully doubling down in the following days, left the BBC little choice in the matter: it was a direct challenge - him basically squaring up to them.
I think there’s no way back for him but he’s a very wealthy man so no problem, but I’m sure the BBC will find a way over the coming week to move forward with putting shit punditry back on our screens.
You seem to be suggesting that he was talking about his employer, the BBC, rather than talking about the government, which is supposed to be at arms length from the BBC.

He didn’t need to bring 1930s Germany into it. The Nazis did the most evil things known & if he can’t get his point over better then thats why he’s been pulled. In my opinion he’s right to call out dehumanisation of migrants but ffs Nazis really.
How did it start, cheekybids? With dehumanising language and policies, such as we are seeing today. We have to be wary at all times not to follow down the same path.

Under the contract with between the BBC & the PL, the BBC is only allowed to show a maximum of 12 minutes highlights from each game
12 from each game adds up to more than 20 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.