Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

yes - adhere to the requirements in International Law that we signed up to
Very helpful. Do you think all those people who come over on the boats qualify to seek asylum? I am not looking for an argument, just trying to understand how we should best deal with this particular issue which seems to be so divisive. One comment I heard recently was that instead of these people paying smugglers £5k (not sure if that figure is correct) why don't they just get on a flight which is far cheaper and start from there. Now it maybe that these people don't have a passport and can't obtain one, I have no idea. The real issue potentially is trying to crack the criminals who appear to making fortunes from some very vulnerable people.

Very helpful. Do you think all those people who come over on the boats qualify to seek asylum? I am not looking for an argument, just trying to understand how we should best deal with this particular issue which seems to be so divisive. One comment I heard recently was that instead of these people paying smugglers £5k (not sure if that figure is correct) why don't they just get on a flight which is far cheaper and start from there. Now it maybe that these people don't have a passport and can't obtain one, I have no idea. The real issue potentially is trying to crack the criminals who appear to making fortunes from some very vulnerable people.

Yes I do. Because that is what we are obliged to do under International Law.

Where its all a mess is the Govt have delayed the asylum system making decisions because they needed a confected issue to annoy their useful idiot fringe and by pulling out of the EU and leaving the Belfast Agreement whilst at the same time failing to negotiate returns agreements with other countries means anyone who's claim fails has to remain here anyway.

Depends what its about, if I voiced an opinion on the government of a country and my company had lucrative contracts with them, there's a good chance I would be told to take a walk.

I think in this case he's been stupid with his wording, he could have said he disagrees with the policy without playing to the audience by adding the whole Nazi analogy.
Removing the analogy kneecaps the point. The point IS that that’s how it started. You can’t make that point without pointing it out.

Learn from history!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.