Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Thats nonsense we know exactly how to separate genuine from none genuine, we and other countries have been doing it for years, other countries still are. This government decided to dismantle the system, and the system for returning unsuccessful claims and are now overwhelmed with the backlog they created. They won’t go back to the system we had or one that would work for purely ideological reasons.

Do you think it is ideological? For some I'm sure it is, but overall as a party, not so sure. Imo it is more self-preservation political shithousery, in the lead-up to an election.

The Workington man still hasn't got his closed-down factory job the back despite voting Brexit and the Tories to deliver it, so drum up the narrative of being tough on immigration, the real problem. And cast a net wide enough to reach where misplaced anger matters more than policies, nhs, the economy etc. The odd moan about woke cancellation of our values while at it and all.

And it will bloody work too.

Last edited:
I think-they have suggested more than that, the new deal with the EU is the main thing in my view as it’s a cross euopean problem that needs cross european solutions and co-operation. Thats where the government have difficulties with their own hardcore back benchers.
Just for a little context in that regard, in the first two months of this year, 28,000 people arrived in Italy, double the figure that had arrived in those months in 2022. Last Wednesday alone, 3,000 people landed on Lampedusa.

An idea!!!! So playing devils advocate with this, I'm an asylum seeker, I travel to one of the major European countries but my preference is the UK. Why do I not just go to the British Embassy? Are you saying that currently the British Embassies don't do vetting?
Embassies have no ability to lodge asylum cases, asylum has to be lodged in the country you're physically in but how do you physically do that if you can't get to the UK?

If you're a refugee in France then you can't walk into the UK without swimming and you can't fly or get on a boat legally. The reason why you can't is because you need a visa to travel and for example with a tourist visa you'd have to lie about your reasons for travel. By claiming asylum and lying you break the conditions of the tourist visa which is a crime.

If we had a visa which specifically allowed for people to travel to come over and apply for asylum then the boats would stop but something like this is politically impossible for the Tories and maybe even Labour. Most cases in the EU are lodged because refugees have literally walked into their countries but the Channel exists between them and the UK.

The government has taken advantage of that and made it essentially impossible or extremely difficult to lodge legitimate cases legally. Our policy is we accept asylum cases as per our obligations but you must come here first, however, there is no legal method to get you here... The consequence to that is people take illegal methods and the stupidity of it is most of those cases are actually approved.

Last edited:
Do you think it is ideological? For some I'm sure it is, but overall as a party, not so sure. Imo it is more self-preservation political shithousery, in the lead-up to an election.

The Workington man still hasn't got his closed-down facroty job the back despite voting Brexit and the Tories to deliver it, so drum up the narrative of being tough on immigration, the real problem. And cast a net wide enough to reach misplaced anger matters more than policies, nhs, the economy etc. The odd moan about woke cancellation of our values while at it and all.

And it will bloody work too.
Probably right, whatever reasons theyare though they aren’t practical or pragmatic ones.

I like it! but I just cannot believe it is that simple to solve.
I’m sure it isn’t that simple with the numbers entering europe increasing. However until we work together with Europe then they will come and as long as the government refuse to engage with the EU on it there will be boats crossing.
So while not simple at least Labour understand that working with the EU is essential as a start . Even if initially it’s only some kind of reception facility in Calais.

An idea!!!! So playing devils advocate with this, I'm an asylum seeker, I travel to one of the major European countries but my preference is the UK. Why do I not just go to the British Embassy? Are you saying that currently the British Embassies don't do vetting?
Here is the nub of the problem.
People posting without the faintest idea of the problems.

For information the answer is no.
They never have.

I’m sure it isn’t that simple with the numbers entering europe increasing. However until we work together with Europe then they will come and as long as the government refuse to engage with the EU on it there will be boats crossing.
So while not simple at least Labour understand that working with the EU is essential as a start . Even if initially it’s only some kind of reception facility in Calais.
I've just done search on France and illegal immigration and found this article

Now, from reading that they are having the exact same problems as we have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.