Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Just shows how much padding there is normally.
Every fuckin' prgramme would be no more than 15 mins if the padding were removed. BBC news starts with the billing, then it gets onto the stories, then, halfway through they remind us of what we've just seen, and half an hour later we get a summary of what we've just seen twice.

Most monotonous and repetitive programme is Bridge of LIes. I like the idea of the programme but, jeez, the repetition is mind-numbing, I said, the repetition is mind-numbing.

If that is so then I am fully with you. Why do Labour not just suggest that rather than going after criminal gangs?
I think-they have suggested more than that, the new deal with the EU is the main thing in my view as it’s a cross euopean problem that needs cross european solutions and co-operation. Thats where the government have difficulties with their own hardcore back benchers.

“Labour’s plan to tackle the small boats is centred around greater enforcement of the people smuggling gangs in Europe, more staff to clear the asylum backlog and a new deal with EU countries on returns.”

If that is so then I am fully with you. Why do Labour not just suggest that rather than going after criminal gangs?
They are suggesting both as both is the sensible thing to do , it is going to needed to do more than one thing to solve it , the tories dont have the will to do it

Why the worst part ? He highlighted the language being used is the same as germany in the thirties ,it is true and the start of a very slippery slope

Sorry that didn’t come very right by me. I saw headlines of the daily mail criticising BBC for their action. The fucking daily mail.

I agree with dehumanising but still think too often people refer to Nazis. My point was we’ve dehumanised all through our history, the British did it to excuse the deaths of the poor Irish in the great famine. I think that’s closer to this, when policy & selfishness leads to deaths.

We are a long way off a Nazi dictatorship.

I suppose it’s how you view the context, I see it as shock tactic & comparing with Nazi therefore “you nazi’s”. As you rightly describe the key part of the curriculum described the propaganda but equally it concentrated on the death camps. Icertainly wouldn’t cancel him but I’d say you’ve gone a bit far there.

I would say dehumanising has been used throughout history particularly by our empire. Let’s hope that the main issue of migrant welfare improves then I’ll be the first to say the shock tactic worked.
I suppose it’s how you view the context, I see it as shock tactic & comparing with Nazi therefore “you nazi’s”. As you rightly describe the key part of the curriculum described the propaganda but equally it concentrated on the death camps. Icertainly wouldn’t cancel him but I’d say you’ve gone a bit far there.

I would say dehumanising has been used throughout history particularly by our empire. Let’s hope that the main issue of migrant welfare improves then I’ll be the first to say the shock tactic worked.

I agree but ultimately it is the best known example of it and it resonates with people because the actions that followed were so horrific.

It doesn’t mean that’s going to happen, it is an example of what might do when that behaviour is taken to the extreme.

I think-they have suggested more than that, the new deal with the EU is the main thing in my view as it’s a cross euopean problem that needs cross european solutions and co-operation. Thats where the government have difficulties with their own hardcore back benchers.

“Labour’s plan to tackle the small boats is centred around greater enforcement of the people smuggling gangs in Europe, more staff to clear the asylum backlog and a new deal with EU countries on returns.”
I like it! but I just cannot believe it is that simple to solve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.