Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

When you equate something to the Nazis you trivialise what imprint they left.

There is nothing mutually exclusive between an immigration policy and one of genocide.

It's been a month and a half since a real holocaust survivor said the very same thing Lineker said - not that this is the same as the Nazis, but that the conservatives are using similar language.

It's one thing to dismiss Lineker saying that but to dismiss a survivor of the events in question seems wrong.

Utterly fucking shameful from the BBC. My respect for him will go up tenfold if he doesn't backtrack; his tweet was spot on.

The worst thing about all this is, that if Lineker had said: “sending migrants to Rwanda and dehumanising these people is, in reality, the only thing that will work”, he’d not only still be presenting MOTD but would likely be up for a knighthood. It’s getting a bit serious now.
No. There would have been a seismic uproar from the left. And well you know it.

He fronts a supposedly impartial institution and shouldn’t be making inflammatory and overtly political comments full stop.

The people fleeing oppression on boats are queuing up to come to this fascist state, has anyone told them that they are doing it all wrong?

Well they still think that they are getting 60 inch plasma screens, new Iphones and a 5 bedroom detached house when they get here.

I think trying to tell them that we have a fascist government might go over their heads.

Well they still think that they are getting 60 inch plasma screens, new Iphones and a 5 bedroom detached house when they get here.

I think trying to tell them that we have a fascist government might go over their heads.

I think I will go to France and come back if they are giving that shit away, moths to a flame and all that.

As a journalist though are you not worried about the direction the bbc is taking and the excessive control the tories are subjecting it to?

As someone who has many friends working in it, I'd say no.

It's like when rivals fans argue their team is being victimised by referees or the media.

People see what they they want to see and the fact is a lot of my friends have a daily task trying to prove they are impartial in their jobs and it is neither of red or blue persuasion.

Lineker has continued to his colleague no favours, many who are actually proper journalists and have made numerous complaints to management about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.